Windows 10 BSOD after Windows 7 upgrade, please help

pendragon1 yeh i am afraid so, its just super weird,i actually uninstalled and reinstalled a bunch of em, bsod was okay for like 1 hour then started again, its just amazing...

Chuklr i will give it a try, thank you

UPDATE: i popped in the old Win 7 SSD and ran it for a while, no issues at all, gonna try and install 1803 or 1809 whichever is better and see how it does, if it still bsod im gonna try a fresh install and use the PcMover program, one way i will make this son of a b work....

Last edited:
PC mover is for transferring your files, programs, and most settings to a new rig. If theres no new PC, dont bother with it.

If you have a system image, most (if not all) of the imaging programs allow you to mount the image like an external drive, and you can copy your files out of it once you reinstall the OS.

If you have spare drives, do a clean install on that machine and see if it starts blue screening after a clean install. If it doesn't, then there is a program or driver probably causing the blue screen issue on the upgraded OS.

Zepher - i am almost 200% its a damn driver, just can't figure out which one, or maybe a service since everything works 150% while running Win 7, can you look at the crash dump and maybe spot something?
Monkey34 - so does it need a secondary PC 100% for it to work, doesn't work like a temp storage then restore?

Alright guys, heres an update pendragon1 IdiotInCharge and all others that replied to this thread

I manually downloaded Win 10 version 1803 since i know that it has the Blue Screen troubleshooter still installed, did the same EXACT upgrade procedure and configuration EXACTLY like i did before, all installed and updates just normal, ran the computer over 24 hours, NOT 1 single BSOD since, with version 1909 in a 24 hour period i would get an average of 12 BSOD, only thing i did so far is use the Microsoft tool to hide the version upgrades so it doesnt go to 1809, 1903 and 1909

Please explain this "phenomenon" to me, numerous times i said it was a version issue as i done EVERYTHING to fix the BSOD with no luck, i even uninstalled just about every program i had and updated drivers, lesson learned, i will NEVER upgrade to a latest version until theres at least 2 versions ahead...

Need a program to let me manually choose to download and install updates rather then them auto pushing downloads, need to make sure win does not update from version to version

Last edited:
Why are drivers sooooo different from 1803 to 1909, i bet you anything that i install 1809 and 1903 and it still works fine, but i have a saying, "if it dont need fixing, then dont fix it" pendragon1

Why are drivers sooooo different from 1803 to 1909, i bet you anything that i install 1809 and 1903 and it still works fine, but i have a saying, "if it dont need fixing, then dont fix it"
You could humor us and do a clean install of the latest OS. You can clone your drive with AOMEI Backupper first so you can go back: https://www.ubackup.com/

Or you can continue not finding the exact cause of your problem and never update.

Also, that’s not your saying, just a badly paraphrased version of the original.

Back