Windows 10 applying a yellow tint to screenshots, can't figure out how to stop it from happening

peppergomez

2[H]4U
So I thought it might be a bug with Greenshot so I tried using Windows snipping tool and got the same result. When taking a screenshot of something with lots of white, Windows applies a sickly yellow tint to it. I am pretty sure it's a Windows setting because it happens on multiple apps.

It may have something to do with Windows Display > Night Light setting, but I have this disabled.

Googling the issue brings up a discussion of Lenovo Vantage software, but I am not using a Lenovo machine so there isn't a fix there for me.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/912151f6-0bd3-40b3-be86-ff54527d1b6f?page=4

I am guessing it's some kind of Windows setting.

Has anyone encountered and fixed this?

Thanks.

I have Use HDR on for my main monitor, yes. I can disable that and see. But by disabling it will I be losing other good features?
Thanks.

You would ya, process of elimination for now, i just ended up using my SnagIt license from work tyo use that instead of sniping tool, but that isnt an option for everyone

Try tilting the monitor on its side. If the yellow shifts to the bottom, you know what's the culprit!

B00nie auntjemima it does not solve it directly, it is troubleshooting, process of elimination, you eliminate possible causes until you find the cause, then you work to resolve that cause. Until you know the actual cause, you can not fix the issue can you?

Back