windows 10 admin account help

antok86

[H]F Junkie
so i have a dell g5 laptop. my main user account is set to be administrator. it will not run the dell power manager or dell update software. but if i create an additional account that is also set to admin the software works. on the main account that the software wont load i have uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. i just get the splash screen but nothing loads. i prefer to try to find out what might be causing this than to reconfigure a whole new admin login.
i looked in the user groups and i dont see anything out of the ordinary. is there any other permission or policy locations ??

TIA

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
Sounds like you have user profile corruption. I would just move everything over to the new account, delete the old account and enjoy.

Reactions: Farva
like this

antok86

[H]F Junkie
Sounds like you have user profile corruption. I would just move everything over to the new account, delete the old account and enjoy.
ahh.yea thats my last resort...i just dont wanna reconfigure a new account...lol

FlawleZ

[H]ard|Gawd
Don't take this the wrong way but are you running the installer as admin? (Hold shift and right click)

pendragon1

Fully [H]
try changing the account to standard and back to admin. see if that resets whatever is causing it.

antok86

[H]F Junkie
try changing the account to standard and back to admin. see if that resets whatever is causing it.
i have tried also no changes. but when i created a new login and configured it it wouldnt load again...so i logged back into the original account then all of sudden its working now...so weird

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
i have tried also no changes. but when i created a new login and configured it it wouldnt load again...so i logged back into the original account then all of sudden its working now...so weird

Sounds almost like a hardware issue to me.

pendragon1

Fully [H]
Not a clue...i usually use afterburner to display temps in the task bar.....and when its running non of my dell apps work just splash screen and nothi g loads....its very odd
they(programs) dont like its trying to access their files. ive had games that refuse to run with ab/rtss enabled.