Windows 10 2004 - Microsoft removed the defer feature update setting

Starting in Windows 10 2004, users have begun to notice that this setting no longer exists in the Windows Update Advanced options screen, and users can now only pause all updates for up to 35 days.

For Windows 10 Pro and other enterprise versions, you can still defer feature updates through Group Policies by launching the Group Policy Editor (gpedit) and go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Windows Update for Business > Select when Preview builds and Feature Updates are received or Select when Quality Updates are received.

Link

Wonder how long before they modify GP so you can't change it? Just more beta testing for MS.

yup they did, and its not back in my insider 20150 version. but theres this option:
" If you wish to continue leveraging deferrals, you can use local Group Policy (Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Windows Update for Business > Select when Preview builds and Feature Updates are received or Select when Quality Updates are received)." "

Fine way of saying 'bend over because you're going to get it like it or not'...

Lol, can they do anything more to make me hate it? Sounds like when I do install W10 it's being blocked from the internet or some dodgy LTSXWYXSC version.

Back