Windows 10 1903 won't sleep when closing the laptop

Bird222

[H]ard|Gawd
I am running 1903 Enterprise edition. It will sleep after a fixed amount of time with the lid open, but won't sleep when I close the lid. In trying to fix this problem I tried reinstalling the graphics driver. I am getting this message. "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer." This used to install on this same laptop. Is there some place where you can turn off the driver check and get this to install?

need to wait for oem to release a driver or go to laptopvideo2go.com and see if there is a modded one posted. have you tried changing/adjusting the power plan?

I am running 1903 Enterprise edition. It will sleep after a fixed amount of time with the lid open, but won't sleep when I close the lid. In trying to fix this problem I tried reinstalling the graphics driver. I am getting this message. "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer." This used to install on this same laptop. Is there some place where you can turn off the driver check and get this to install?
What laptop are you using? I know that some Dell Latitudes were having problems with sleep mode that was resolved with a BIOS update.

need to wait for oem to release a driver or go to laptopvideo2go.com and see if there is a modded one posted. have you tried changing/adjusting the power plan?
Intel has a driver from March 2019 but I get the same error message when I try to install it. I think it was on Windows 7, but I remember there was a way to disable the check for 'certified drivers'. Is there a way to do this with Windows 10?

Intel has a driver from March 2019 but I get the same error message when I try to install it. I think it was on Windows 7, but I remember there was a way to disable the check for 'certified drivers'. Is there a way to do this with Windows 10?
by oem i ment the laptop maker, ie HP. they have drivers locked, its not windows. you can tell windows to install unsigned drivers but you have to fuck with it to get it working. go to laptopvideo2go and go to the intel section of their forum and try one of the modded drivers. site is legit i have used them for years and am currently using realtek audio drivers from there to get DD Live working.

Pendragon1, while it might not be in this case, Malware can most definitely cause this type of behavior.

Silver

Pendragon1, while it might not be in this case, Malware can most definitely cause this type of behavior.

Silver
you have zero info to point to that. "doesnt sleep when lid closes" is all the info there is. the drivers not installing is due to hp using a different hardware id so generic drivers wont install.

by oem i ment the laptop maker, ie HP. they have drivers locked, its not windows. you can tell windows to install unsigned drivers but you have to fuck with it to get it working. go to laptopvideo2go and go to the intel section of their forum and try one of the modded drivers. site is legit i have used them for years and am currently using realtek audio drivers from there to get DD Live working.
I'll try that site. But what's crazy is if HP is the issue, they are not allowing their own drivers install. That's why I thought it was Windows. I will say this laptop was not made for Windows 10. It is Windows 8 era laptop, but so far the Windows 8 (8.1) drivers have worked with Win 10.

I'll try that site. But what's crazy is if HP is the issue, they are not allowing their own drivers install. That's why I thought it was Windows. I will say this laptop was not made for Windows 10. It is Windows 8 era laptop, but so far the Windows 8 (8.1) drivers have worked with Win 10.
yeah lots of oem's lock their drivers. theres a whole thread of me trying to get that through a guys head. he couldnt get amd's generic gpu drivers to load on his hp envy then they finally opened it up and they work now. he was blaming amd but it was hp doing the blocking. also, win7 drivers should work fine on win10 too.

yeah lots of oem's lock their drivers. theres a whole thread of me trying to get that through a guys head. he couldnt get amd's generic gpu drivers to load on his hp envy then they finally opened it up and they work now. he was blaming amd but it was hp doing the blocking. also, win7 drivers should work fine on win10 too.

I'm still kinda confused. One of the HP drivers worked fine on my previous version of Win10 (1803) but it doesn't work (trying to install it) after installing 1903. Are you saying the driver is locked to a particular version of Windows 10 but like I said this is a Win 8 driver?

I'm still kinda confused. One of the HP drivers worked fine on my previous version of Win10 (1803) but it doesn't work (trying to install it) after installing 1903. Are you saying the driver is locked to a particular version of Windows 10 but like I said this is a Win 8 driver?
that bit im not sure of. win10 1903 may not like the old win8 drivers. try feeding it the win7 version.

Not the solution you are looking for but it might be helpful for you https://github.com/elavanis/ForceComputerSleep

I wrote it a while back when I had a desktop that wouldn't sleep. I checks for keyboard/mouse input and after none has been detected for a certain time it tells windows to put the computer to sleep.

I consider Windows malware so the problem is most definitely caused by one! :D </troll>

For a while, it was AMD themselves doing the locking and shuffling the blame onto the OEMs. They finally started supplying Ryzen APU drivers in Feb. Now, I don't know if AMD has the kind of pull Nvidia does, but for the most part, I haven't seen OEMs blocking Ryzen APU laptop drivers in the past ~6 months.

Back