Window X64 Trial time remaining how to find out

locutus24

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently running Win X64 pro the trial edition that is offered off the microsoft website, was wondering how can i tell how much time remaining i have so as that i can perform a back up before it runs out.
Please and Thank you for any help

It's a 120 day trial. I don't know where the time bomb counter is located, but if you go into the c:\windows directory and sort by date (use explorer, or type this at the command prompt: dir c:\windows /o-d /ad) the oldest folders will be approx when you installed it.

That date won't be accurate if you restored a backup or did something weird. ;)

You're wanting to just backup your documents and such right? Doing a disk image backup would be pointless.

By backup yes i meant my documents and stuff, why i want to know when the trial expires is that unlike linux there is no /home directory meaning that all my documents are mixed in with operating system files. Now the problem is since Win xp puts all the files together on the first sector of the hard drive, when i go to reinstall win xp home i will need to install it on the first part of the drive. Which is where all my documents are currently located
So i want to be able to backup in time so as that went i go to revert (since i am not all to happy with win X64 pro) i can just backup to my small 5gb second hard drive.
Although if there is no way to truly tell then i guess ill just use linux to copy the files to my second hard drive.
Thank you for the responses

locutus24 said:
(since i am not all to happy with win X64 pro)

why is that? i haven't heard much about it, and thinking of installing it since i am upgrading to 64 bit..

BrainC0DE said:
why is that? i haven't heard much about it, and thinking of installing it since i am upgrading to 64 bit..
Its not bad, just some component makers dont produce drivers for win X64. Example I own a Canon 20D but no drivers have been produced for 64bit operating systems, simple solution though is to just get CF card reader. Haven't been able to get anti-virus software to work either i am doing something wrong or its that anti-virus companies aren't making software for what i use.
Other then that don't think that "oh my software is in sync with my hardware so their is going to be improvements on performance" i thought that and in the end was let down, because like Lost Coast and HL2 are 64bit built, but certain bugs are caused by this move.
My opinion, wait for Vista 64bit since software people will be more prepared to make drivers.
Your choice im not saying its a good choice and dont really think saying its a bad choice is right, so its more of an iffy situation that you have to be prepared for certain obstacles

Back