WinDAS White Point Balance guide for Sony Trinitron CRTs

alanm6o9

n00b
hey guys I have a gdm 5410 that needs g2 correction can anyone help me? I got it hooked up through usb to ttl adapter. Ive also registered the file that allows me to choose my model, but I'm getting "Can't connect the monitor. check bus line and connection" on windas. Also in device manager, it doesn't show under "Ports(com)" its under "other". do I need a new adapter? I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D6LLX19/

alanm6o9

n00b
I installed the drivers but I couldn't get it show up in virtual machine (windows 7) which sucks. I have it showing in my windows 10 as COM 3 and I tried to run windas on there, but I got the same error message :Can't connect the monitor. check bus line and connection. I made sure that COM 3 is selected in the config section of windas, so I don't think thats going to work on win10. this is what the pins on the gdm 5410 look like by the way: They aren't labeled so if anyone knows the order that'd be nice just to be sure. Ive been running them TX RX GND 5v (top to bottom) ive tried switching tx and rx. thanks again

Last edited:

alanm6o9

n00b
thanks bro. Im in this bitch! just saved my backup file and im goin in baby. youre the man ! wish me luck

Last edited:

alanm6o9

n00b
Fixed my g2 issues! really happy about that <3 Im going to enjoy my monitor for the night and go back at it tomorrow. That is, assuming that I can fix this geometry issue I have using windas. The far right side of my screen is shifted downward like 1/2 cm and i have a bit of bowing upward in middle. Can I fix that using windas? Either way im so happy . thanks so much for the help! I dont think i wouldve been able to figure that out without ya, spacediver
:D

Last edited:

spacediver

2[H]4U
i'm not very fluent with geometry adjustments, but I think you can do most stuff with the OSD. WinDAS geometry adjustments is quite involved and tedious.

alanm6o9

n00b
It's cool no worries! I dont mind tedious, but I'm glad ya told me. I'll do some more research before I dive into that. I have it looking pretty decent with the OSD but I can't fix the middle where it's bowed upwards. unfortunately this crt got dropped pretty badly in shipping and I'm guessing that's how the geometry was shifted slightly

Last edited:

aeliusg

Gawd
How one does setup contrast at the end of each preset, which pattern is used and how to properly determine it?
Hey there, despite having done a WPB only recently I've already forgotten the precise details to this step. AFAIK if you meet the luminance targets on all the steps (high and low) you will be fine. It asks to track color accuracy with brightness on full white to confirm that, but contrast I believe is set only with the full black or gray images. I've attached everything that I used recently for that so it should be all you need (besides the appropriately set up version of WinDAS and your equivalent of a parallel port).

Attachments

• WinDAS WPB guide_0.93.rar
    3.5 MB · Views: 0