Winamp limited to 1000 streams?

ButtonPuncher

Limp Gawd
I like to listen to internet radio because Milwaukee radio sucks. I use Winamp all the time with the Winamp Library to access all of the Shoutcast streams. I noticed recently that when I start up Winamp, it only downloads 1000 streams. WTF? It used to download something like 9800 streams. If you check out Shoutcast.com, they list over 10,000 servers. What is going on?

BTW, I'm running Winamp ver 2.95 with the maximum streams set to 20,000. The only thing that I haven't tried is downloading Winamp ver 5.x. (I really don't like the look of the newer versions.)

Thanks in advance,

Ben

ButtonPuncher said:
BTW, I'm running Winamp ver 2.95 with the maximum streams set to 20,000. The only thing that I haven't tried is downloading Winamp ver 5.x. (I really don't like the look of the newer versions.)

Thanks in advance,

Ben

I would say download 5.X and use the Classic skin, it makes Winamp look the same as 2.0

yeah, im using 5.whatever with a classic skin.. same skin ive been using for years. <3 calvin and hobbes

Thanks for the Winamp forum post.

I can't believe that AOL would pull a cheap shot like that. I mean how much bandwidth can that really use up? I hope they fix it soon. It's already been two weeks. :(

BP

ButtonPuncher said:
Thanks for the Winamp forum post.

I can't believe that AOL would pull a cheap shot like that. I mean how much bandwidth can that really use up? I hope they fix it soon. It's already been two weeks. :(

BP
It's probably not so much a case of bandwidth but DB load. The streams are stored in a database, so for everyone who queries the whole thing they have to return 10k rows. That's a nontrivial operation, especially considering the number of Winamp users and the hourly refresh thing.

Back