Winamp Agent

I've been using Winamp since i was a kid, and ever since the winamp agent came out, if i wanted to get rid of it and make it not startup with windows, i would just right click the icon in the system tray and either hit close if i just wanted to close it for now, or disable if i wanted it impermanently closed. For some reason, when i hit disable now, it still comes back when i reboot. I was thinking about uninstalling it, but it doesnt show up in both Revo Unistaller Pro, and the stock Add/Remove Programs app.

Any Ideas on how to get rid of it, cause i really dont need it, and it just annoy the crap out of me. Since winamp in the only music player i use (besides pandora and last.fm for internet radio) i dont need it to keep my file extensions, they stay just fine on their own and dont need something using system resources, however little it may be, to do something i dont need. The only solution i can seem to come up with is reinstall it and make sure i un-check winamp agent from the install options, but i dont wanna have to do that. So hopefully one of you have a better thought.

Search for winampa.exe and delete it.

That might just generate an error message at every boot-up.

There should be an option in the "winamp preferences/file types" to disable it.

Preferences > General Preferences > File Types > Show Winamp in:

Uncheck system tray.

Can't you choose not to install agent when you install Winamp? Other than that, it's probably in the HKLM (or HKCU)\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run registry path. Or there may be a specific option for winamp agent in the options. It's not the same thing as showing Winamp in the systray.

Sysinternals Autoruns is the best way to figure out if its in the startup apps list.

Back