Win8: Network Meter Gadget Alternative?

-Sn1PeR-

2[H]4U
Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement for the network meter gadget from windows 7 that works in windows 8? It doesn't necessarily need to be a widget that's always open, but I need some way to check and see how much bandwidth a certain machine is sucking down. I've been looking around for a bit and can't seem to find anything that works.

If you just want a quick look, Win8 has resource monitor that will give you that information.

I had not spent adequate time in the new windows 8 task manager. It's actually pretty nice. I'm going to give that 8GadgetPack a shot once I'm done installing drivers. Thanks for the help!

I had not spent adequate time in the new windows 8 task manager. It's actually pretty nice. I'm going to give that 8GadgetPack a shot once I'm done installing drivers. Thanks for the help!

Not only that, but win8 can natively monitor mobile usage. Just right click on a non-wired connection and choose "set as metered connection"

Not only that, but win8 can natively monitor mobile usage. Just right click on a non-wired connection and choose "set as metered connection"

Useful feature, is there a way to have this automatically reset at a particular date, say the day of one's billing cycle? I always forget to reset it. Thanks!

That is actually freaking awesome for use when tethered to a cellphone.

Not really related, but I would like to see a per app throttling setting or at least some option to set a max download rate in Steam. I'm sick of steam updates bringing down my streaming content when it maxes out my downstream. I realize that some QoS would help here, but still.

Back