Win7 -> Win7/Win8 dual boot

colore

Limp Gawd
hello

I have no empty partition and I have Win7 in my system.

I now want to make it dual boot with Win8.

Can you advise me please about the procedures and tools needed for the fastest and safest way?

First, Win8 Enterprise is the only free evaluation, or there is a Pro VL evaluation edition available to the public? (I am not part of MSDN)
Second, I need to create a partition, right? Which program will do it safely?
Third, do I need a serial to install Win8?

any advise welcomed!

thanks!

First, one no clue. I'm not sure if you can rearm the standard version like 7, but the normal version is available to download from Microsoft. Several links in the Slickdeals.net forums on how to download Windows 8 legit through Microsoft.

Second, right click My Computer>> Manage>>Storage>>Right Click your HDD and Shrink partition, then create a partition there or just leave the space and have Windows 8 create the partition there.

Third, no you do not need a Windows 8 key to install Windows 8. In that regard it works like 7.

I have not done a Win7/8 dual boot partition, I found no need because Windows 7 and 8 behave almost identical, but it "should" work similar to any traditional dual boot. You install one OS like 7 first one a small partition or create a partition, then install Windows 8 via the Custom install option and put it on the unpartitioned or partitioned space. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in most regards, with the exception of a UEFI install, this is how you do it.

Back