Win7 will not go to sleep

Max-Powers

Gawd
My computer will not go to sleep. I am constantly battling with this. Sometimes it will go to sleep, but then wake up 1 min later. My virus scan is avira. I have all the correct settings in the power management. I close all windows, and sometimes it still wont sleep. What other information do you need to help me figure out what is wrong? There should be nothing trying to access the computer either.
Virus scan: Avira

Maybe move to the final RTM release?

Can you manually force sleep using start menu? Your just talking about the automatic after x idle time sleep?

I have the final release. Just not ready to install it.
I am talking about both. It will automatically sleep sometimes, but usually when it does it will wake up after a min.
If I put it to sleep, it will sometimes wake up after a min. (not exactly a min, it will wake up in a bit)

The first step is to install the RTM build and see if it's a fixed bug. Past that, what are the specs?

go to the command prompt and type powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to see if any devices are waking up your computer automatically. I found out that my laptop was waking up all the time due to a modem that was allowed to wake the computer at any given time.

I'm having the same issue, it sleeps perfectly sometimes, or wakes up after 30 seconds others. I used GushpinBob's suggestion. Random network traffic I guess, I wouldn't be surprised if your issue is the same.

Back