Win7 USB drive install problem

nissanztt90

2[H]4U
First off, thanks to anyone who replied to my other Win7 MSDNAA thread.

So i was able to install Win7 by my flash drive to one PC successfully which had a Gigabyte G33 chipset i believe coupled with an e2180.

I am currently trying to install it to my second PC (I have 4 available keys through MSDNAA) which has a P45 chipset...Asus board. When i try to boot from the flash drive...all i get is "Missing operating system" message...and nothing else. Anyone get this? Is there a fix?

I have a Lenovo flash drive that only has the center part of the USB connector that comes out which allows it to be put in upside down. I had it upside down when I was installing on my netbook and that error came up.

Thanks for the response, although its a Sandisk Cruzer...and oriented the same way as it was when installed on the other PC.

Is the HDD currently in the computer blank? Are you sure you have setup the bios to be able to boot from a USB device? I have to manually set it up on my Asus P6T.

turn off booting from the HD and only allow it to boot from USB, also i believe you can set the USB type to some emulation like harddrive or zip or something?

Bios was setup, tried the emulation...still says missing operating system. Im going to try and redo the flash drive.

Back