Win7 system image and back up

reswob

[H]ard|Gawd
Can I create a system image with the win7 back up to make it bootable? I want to format my raptor drive as my primary using the current win7 img. How would I go about doing so?

Apparently that process still does not create a bootable recovery image - you'll need to have either a Windows 7 DVD handy (to boot from and get into the repair/recovery options) or a System Repair disc you can create yourself (with the tools in Windows 7). Either method works, but it does mean you end up requiring at least one additional disc on hand.

Kinda sucks but...

Still to this day the only imaging software that created native bootable media when it was done with the process was Powerquest Drive Image. I really can't figure out why nobody else has ever done this since then; they always - meaning any other imaging software - creates media but it's just not bootable from the gitgo.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Ah, well thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll just do a standard reformat lol.

Ah, well thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll just do a standard reformat lol.
I'm not sure if you are explaining exactly what you want to do. Are you trying to get your current install moved to the Raptor? If so, you should be looking into cloning tools, and not backup software.

Back