Win7 Question Involving 'favorites'

DoggyDaddi

Gawd
Hey guys (& gals),

Need to know something. In Vista, there was a 'favorites' pane in the explorer tool. When you looked at files and folders/directories, there was always a little pane in the upper left corner that held all your favorite folders and directories. Saved a LOT of navigation time in dragging & dropping stuff TO those favorites form other locations on your system.

Unfortunately, that's no longer there in Win7. Anyone know how to make it? Granted, the little 'Favorites' star is at the very top of the listing, but that doesnt help if you're WAY down the list on drive 'E' digging thru multiple stages of directories.

I want to put a dedicated 'Favorites' pane back in the upper left corner like I had in Vista.. any help please? And thanks in advance!

Win 7 and I have a favorites pane. Third image result for "Windows 7 explorer" shows the 7 explorer with the Favorites menu.

Win 7 and I have a favorites pane. Third image result for "Windows 7 explorer" shows the 7 explorer with the Favorites menu.

That would be a dedicated pane with a line border that stays in the left upper corner of the menu no matter how far down you scroll the files & folders tree? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Everyone has the favorites 'group' in that area, but as you travel down the directory trees in explorer, it gets passed beyond the upper edge of the window.

That's the problem, I don't want it to go out of view.

Back