Win7 Install issue

mashtub651

Limp Gawd
I'm here because my Google-fu turned up the same problem but no workable solutions. I'm trying to install windows 7 Pro on a new build after the old version would seize up after a few minutes of use. During the install the system would freeze up and become unresponsive at the Extracting Files 0% stage. I've currently tried multiple forms of install media including dvd and USB from different ISO's with the same results. Linux seems to work fine as that's what I'm using now.
SPECS:
5960X
Asus X99- Deluxe most current BIOS
8GB 2133 RAM (checked with Memtest86)
Sapphire 7970
EVGA 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Any thoughts?

I had a somewhat similar issue and it turned out to be my cd/dvd rom drive. Picked up a refurb unit from Microcenter for $10, installed it, and it read the Win7 ISO with no problem. The old drive would read and play just about everything else, but not the Win7 ISO.

I installed linux from a USB and tried to use both USB and DVD for Windows install but they both froze on the same part

I would try to reformat the ssd on a different computer if possible, and if that doesn't work I would try different ram or just 1 stick. Even try to do it at 1600mhz. Hope this helps.

Problem was the install media. I burned another image and it happened to work one the third try

Problem was the install media. I burned another image and it happened to work one the third try

so you made a new disk from another source and it worked after failing 2 more times at a similar point?

If so, source problem might not be solved(?)

Back