Win10 wake-up issue

derd

n00b
After the PC goes to sleep, upon wake-up everything is slower. Chrome, Windows File Explorer, right clicking on an empty space on the desktop takes like five to ten seconds to yield a window when it should be instantaneous, etc. Weird and difficult to describe; rebooting fixes it, but then I can't let it sleep again or the same thing happens. I have done research about this on the web but none of the posted fixes help. Resolved to live with it and have been for a couple of years (not allowing PC to sleep) but I'd really like to get it worked out. My computer:

ASUS X99-A (the one without native support for USB 3.1, the first revision board)
Core i7 Haswell E 5930K
Asus Strix GeForce GTX 980
Seasonic 860W Platinum modular
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400 (4x8)
Samsung Pro M.2 512GB NVMe SSD OS disk

bunch of other drives- 1 more SSD and 2 HDDs in the box, 1 external SSD and two external HDDs plugged into USB 3.0

Dell P2715Q and 2709W displays
APS power conditioning backup battery XS 1300

computer was set up to turn monitors off after about 20 min, then after another 10 min go to sleep. Obviously I have had to change it to never go to sleep because of this issue.

I have a sneaking suspicion it's the ASUS MB software or the BIOS revision that's the problem, even though I have kept up on BIOS & AI Suite updates. I need to go ahead and update again now but wanted to post up about it and ask if anyone else has had this problem and what it was that ended up fixing it for good. Going to be honest and say that I don't OC and believe the AI Suite and BIOS settings to not be as easy to navigate as it was intended, or at least for me. I find it very complicated. But for the most part the PC runs well I just am not thoroughly educated or adept with the settings which I think is my problem here. Hope it's not a hardware problem that would be a bummer. Hoping the problem is 'between keyboard and chair' with this one. Never happened when I was on Win 7 Pro. Soon as I got upgraded the issue began. Thanks for any insight.

Might be a bug in Win10, I noticed poor performance post sleep wake as well. It wasn't always like this, I started to notice it with a build from last month (or November).

A lot of times Photoshop/Illustrator/Fusion 360 will hang. Explorer will be hung (can't click, have to kill the task).

I have a similar config:

Gigabyte Z170 1151 Motherboard
I7 6700k (not oc'd)
Radeon 290
OS on SSD
Secondary SSD
And another spinner.

Back