Win10 VDI with XenDesktop

gimp

[H]F Junkie
Anybody with a XenDesktop environment doing any testing with Win10?
Our org is at the beginning stages of a Win10 deployment and, as my primary machine is a VDI, I decided to spin up a Win10 VDI for myself.

Our VDI environment is limited to only a few (12'ish) IT staff, but is production.

Anywho, the Win10 VDI runs pretty choppy.
We connect via Wyse Xenith thin clients.
We don't run the optimization tool, as we have private VMs.

Our Win7 VDI run great with 2vCPU and 4GB RAM.
My Win10, with 4vCPU and 8GB RAM is still running pretty choppy.

Backend storage is a 15k SAS aggregate on Netapp; same agg as our Win7 VMs.
Pagefile is on an SSD aggregate.

I posted a thread in the Citrix forums, but haven't gotten any responses yet; and not much discussion there on any performance issues.
So just curious if any [H]'ers are [H]

Win10 has a lot of problems for VDI even in Hyper V: Connection issues, no RemoteFX support

Use Win 8.1 Ent.

I haven't tested Win10 yet, but are you using the latest 7.6 FP3 VDA? ( https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2015/1...r-xenapp-and-xendesktop-7-6-is-now-available/ )

For myself FP3 solved few issues with our applications so it might help with 10.

any VDA older than FP3 completely broke the VM :)
Well, maybe FP1 or 2 didn't, but before I realized FP3 was required I installed the 7.6 VDA. Yup, I had to rebuild as it got completely hosed.
So it is using FP3.

Win10 has a lot of problems for VDI even in Hyper V: Connection issues, no RemoteFX support

Use Win 8.1 Ent.

We won't be doing Win8/8.1. We skipped that bandwagon. We are keeping our environment standardized, so it will all be Win10.

I guess it's kinda nice to hear there are issues with it even in a pure Microsoft environment :p

Back