Win10 update kills BT?

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
I had my BT headphones working this morning, then it started to crash youtube/firefox. Windows prompted me to update so I restarted and then I lost connection and have yet to reconnect. I have tried to uninstall the drivers and let windows reinstall, but still no go. I have no idea if I should do a driver rollback on the BT adapter or the the broadcom ones.

Windows 10 update killed my sons 350 dollar steering wheel too.

certain user on this forum will defend that this is better than having a working system... because logic...

dropping Win10 when CC updates started deleting my software was the best thing ive ever done on my system.
so nice to have arunning system that does what I ask it to do rather. than begging and praying that today it will do what I want it to do and not deleted randome stuff without warning

I had my BT headphones working this morning, then it started to crash youtube/firefox. Windows prompted me to update so I restarted and then I lost connection and have yet to reconnect. I have tried to uninstall the drivers and let windows reinstall, but still no go. I have no idea if I should do a driver rollback on the BT adapter or the the broadcom ones.

Click the little speaker icon in the taskbar and make sure your BT headphones are selected as the default audio device.

Click the little speaker icon in the taskbar and make sure your BT headphones are selected as the default audio device.

Yeah it should automatically select bluetooth audio device instead of realtek audio device once I turn on the headphones. At least it did before the update.

Since when did Bit Torrent start making headphones?

BT= Bluetooth

Yeah it should automatically select bluetooth audio device instead of realtek audio device once I turn on the headphones. At least it did before the update.

Based on experience, even before the update Windows didn't always select BT as the default audio device, did you check as i advised?

So, where you able to resolve the problem? Does the BT headset still connect or not? Also, did you try rolling back the drivers for both of the devices if they were updated? Seems to me that a certain user, not you, is more than willing to bash and blame then help resolve but hey, Windows 7............. (Hint: It has issues as well......)

Why did it crash in the first place? Was this crash before or after the update? Was this a driver update or just a general update? Also, why did the crash occur and was the problem of trying to reconnect there before the update was installed? It could be a hardware failure or software.

Nope, Broadcom drivers are messed up ( BCM2070A0). Broadcom doesn't list individual drivers to DL anymore, telling you to use windows updates feature. I uninstall old drivers and wait for windows to load them again and it is still messed up. Whatever, I'll go wired until they fix this.

Nope, Broadcom drivers are messed up ( BCM2070A0). Broadcom doesn't list individual drivers to DL anymore, telling you to use windows updates feature. I uninstall old drivers and wait for windows to load them again and it is still messed up. Whatever, I'll go wired until they fix this.

It is possible you could get a driver from your Motherboard / Device manufacturer ?

Boradcom not supplying drivers anymore makes perfect sense as they have never sold anything to an end user. If its an onboard solution on a Asus or other major brand board there is a good chance they have drivers on their sites.

The Broadcom drivers supplied via Windows update are complete garbage.

Download the Broadcom drivers from the website of your device vendor and try rolling back, see if that fixes anything. The Broadcom drivers supplied by Windows update have a long history of issues that never seem to really get resolved. Windows 7 Broadcom drivers work better than the Windows 10 drivers supplied via Windows update.

Of course, unless you figure out some convoluted way to flag the Broadcom driver to not update via Windows update than Windows 10 is just going to 'update' it to the latest version eventually again.

I'm waiting for all of this 'computing' fad to blow over.
Just put the fucking coin slot on the case already.

PS I seem to have become a bit jaded!

Last edited:
Windows fucked the BT on my desktop too. If I install the proper drivers, I quickly get an update replacing them with a broken one. The BT on my laptop just disables itself every 2 or 3 restarts now and I have to go re-enable it in device manager.

Use Display Driver Uninstaller. It will disable driver updates then just install the latest video driver and your BT stuff, that will do it.

Back