Win10 + SoundBlaster Z + WinDVD11 + Bluray = pops

stephen2002

Limp Gawd
I have a SoundBlaster Z and when I play back a Bluray using WinDVD11 the audio has random little pops. It sounds like the little pop you get when you stop audio while it is playing. I have a basic 2-speaker setup plugged into the analog output. Other audio sources (games, Netflix, whatever) do not have this issue. If I switch over to sound from the motherboard the pops go away.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Its not your sound card. I have the z, blasterx g5, a asus dg and they all do it. Its something with windows 10; windvd, and powerdvd and they both do it. Some of the other blu-ray software doesn't do it, but they don't have the features that windvd and powerdvd have.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I play my movies in another room on a separate speaker setup from my desk so I had the second output plugged into the "headphone" port on the Z and switched to it when I wanted to watch a movie. Not much extra hassle to switch to the onboard sound instead. Before I picked up this card I was using an audio switch box.

The only real requirement I care about in my bluray software is "does it play the movie" :). I used PowerDVD originally but got frustrated by how much extra fluff it had so switched to WinDVD.

Back