Win10 Enterprise Power setting of "Ultimate Performace" WTH!!

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
I just installed Win10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC version, and after i was down installing all drivers and hardware, I was searching around OS as usual and upon going into "power Options" in CP, I found one more setting I can set the PC to, other then the standard usual 3... IIRC, the usual 3 are... Power saver, balanced power, high performance, and now a 4th option..... ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE! I set it to this, but anyone else notice this, and what the hell is the difference? Pretty neat tho, that enterprise version of win10 has this, and my other pc with most up to date 1809 win10 pro doesnt have this.... very weird!

**EDIT** Upon googling, I found this info for anyone who would like to add this option https://www.howtogeek.com/368781/how-to-enable-ultimate-performance-power-plan-in-windows-10/

>Ultimate Performance

That's the setting that reverts Windows 10 to Windows 7 Mode so it actually fucking works. :D

I mean really, this can't do much more than add a frame a second or maybe a handful at best and it just ain't worth the hype.

its been on insider for a while, notice zero difference between it and my customized high perf profile.

Interesting, I will have to check it out when I get home, if I remember too, thanks. :)

>Ultimate Performance

That's the setting that reverts Windows 10 to Windows 7 Mode so it actually fucking works. :D

I mean really, this can't do much more than add a frame a second or maybe a handful at best and it just ain't worth the hype.

Clearly you did not read the article.

Clearly you did not read the article.

Yes, clearly I didn't see anything in the article with any hard evidence, benchmark results, or any attempt at a path of proof to go by other than the article writer saying

"... you might only see a boost of a couple of frames per second ..."

in gaming which is basically what I said already. Oh, let's not forget the real boost when the article writer really went beyond the call of duty to say

"However, if you are running video editing or 3D design software that are putting occasional heavy loads on your hardware, you might see more of an improvement."

cause by all means we know when you might see improvement that is of course hard incontrovertible evidence that yes Sir indeedy this is a serious thing for serious people looking for that extra frame per second or two. :D o_O:rolleyes:

I consider adding this option a first step. One of my pet peeves has been that during the installation setup process, they should ask you if you are installing on a battery powered or hardwired AC powered device. If its hardwired, then by default all power saving options should be turned off, giving us something like the Ultimate Power plan. But when I tried your link (THANKS! for that) and checked Ultimate Power, I found that it still has USB Selective Suspend Enabled. So until they have a plan that defaults to this setting Disabled, they won't have achieved Ultimate Power, at least in my opinion. I shouldn't have to go through the Device Manager to make sure that the Power Management options for all devices are Unchecked and turned OFF (especially any network and wifi devices) when I set up my machine. THANKS! again for letting us know they've made this improvement.

Yes, clearly I didn't see anything in the article with any hard evidence, benchmark results, or any attempt at a path of proof to go by other than the article writer saying
in gaming which is basically what I said already. Oh, let's not forget the real boost when the article writer really went beyond the call of duty to say
cause by all means we know when you might see improvement that is of course hard incontrovertible evidence that yes Sir indeedy this is a serious thing for serious people looking for that extra frame per second or two. :D o_O:rolleyes:

Yikes. I would just own up to the fact that you completely misunderstood the whole point of this power plan, but instead you continue to look ignorant.

BTW, have you switched to Linux or perhaps Macs? It seems you don't understand Windows too well....

Back