Win10 1803 - G-Sync broken?

Sprayingmango

[H]ard|Gawd
I’ve noticed that since 1803, I can no longer toggle my G-Sync variable refresh rate with my Asus PG279Q’s turbo button. It seems like the OS is locking my refresh rate at 60Hz unless I manually change it to 144 in the windows settings. Why is this happening and how can I get the ability to adjust it on the fly back?

Got my answer from the GeForce Forums, apparently this is something that will never be fixed. The way Win10 1803 works makes it not possible to fix.

Can you link the thread? I haven’t heard of any issues.

Edit: from what I’m seeing it works fine. Some people are having issues with switchable graphics or windowed gsync which is broken most of the time anyways.

I'm with AltTabbins, I'd really like to see some basis to this claim as I find it terribly interesting?

Since when do they need a workaround, just fix it straight up so that it works again. Oh well, Nvidia has been behind the ball since the release of Windows Vista, no surprise here.

According to that thread it's not that simple due to changes in the way the latest version of Windows operates? Like the compositor is now locked to the refresh rate set in the drivers.

Oh well, Nvidia has been behind the ball since the release of Windows Vista, no surprise here.

Better to be occasionally behind the ball than perpetually with AMD :ROFLMAO:

To the OP: I'll get my desktop updated this week, though my Acer Predator doesn't have a 'button' for this.

Back