Win XP Pro X64 Drivers

Vlad335

Gawd
A friend gave me a good deal on a OEM version of x64 as I was using a somewhat shady copy of XP and decided to go legal.
Anyway...

I can't get anything to work. Mostly, no Mcafee antivirus, Kodak digital camera dock, or printer. What bothers me most is the lack of printer. It's a Lexmark X1185 and there are no X64 drivers. I downloaded the XP drivers and they wont even unpack. :(

Is there anyway to get this to work? I know there is a 32bit emulation with X64 and was wondering if I could get around it that way. If not, any recommendations for an inexpensive printer that works with x64?

Unfortunately, a quick web search indicates that there aren't any X1185 XP/x64 drivers to be found or likely to be made. (IIRC, there aren't that many multifunction printers supported under XP/x64 in the first place...me, I'm still puttering along with my faithful LaserJet 4MP until I either get one of the color laser printers in my house working or smash them with an axe.) Generally speaking, the more eclectic the hardware the less likely it is to be supported under x64...

Try Brother HL series lasers ... excellent x64 support. AVG and Avast for antivirus.

There's a Vista x64 driver. By any chance did you try that? Slim chance it will work, but ya never know.

There's a Vista x64 driver. By any chance did you try that? Slim chance it will work, but ya never know.

Well, well, well. I tried this just for the hell of it AND IT WORKS! Not only does it work, it works perfectly. Thanks Man!

Back