WIN XP-PRO:Event Viewer

Moto Guzzi

[H]ard|Gawd
I noticed the following warning lately.

"Unable to create symbolic link for \Device\Serial1"
>The filename is "Serial.SYS"

If I look in registry, it looks like a Serial port issue.....If I then go to device manager, I see
2x COM1 ports instead of 1x COM1 & 1xCOM2 ports. I know it was COM1/COM2.

Anny suggestion on how to fix this?

Damn, I managed to fix this suddenly after some hours of looking, but a new question arises....

FIX:I uninstalled both COM1 & COM2 from devicemanager, reboot and it was OK , showing COM1 & COM2 at serial ports in Device Manager.

Yesterday I noticed problems with my display. After investigating, I found that the NVIDIA 40.72 driver did not load. If I disable/enable it, it works again.
Looking in Eventviewer, brought me to two problems: This serial.sys issue and an Input/Output failure refering to disk-0 and further leading me to the page file. I solved that error, by disabling the pagefile, and later managed to delete it, then re_enable it again.

The Nvidia 40,72 I then uninstalled/re-installed, after which everything was OK, except por this Serial.sys warning.

>So far I cannot find any problems with my disk, which is relatively new Maxtor=+/- one year.

The question is ??:After I solved the serial.sys issue, and rebooted, this driver did not load on bootup. I disable it/enable it and it was OK. I then rebooted, and it loaded OK.

>I think this may have all started 3 days ago, when I followed some advice in freeing comports that were falsely "IN USE"......??

What does the Video driver has to do with the serial port issue?.....

Back