Win+X context menu styling

cortexodus

[H]ard|Gawd
This one has been stumping me for a while now. On some machines, the Win+X context menu will look like the one on the left, on some machines it'll look like the one on the right. I've even had machines that started out looking like the way on the right, then went to style like the left, and vice versa.

48BFfL2.png

Is there a setting somewhere that establishes this styling for the context menus? :confused:

The November update changed the styling default. Not sure if it even exists in the 10240 release.

The November update changed the styling default. Not sure if it even exists in the 10240 release.

Ok, your answer didn't help directly, but I went hunting for context menu changes relevant to "november update" and note that the machines which have the dark menu styling are all showing "Version 1511" in the "About" section of the Settings -> System menu, whereas the machines which do not have the new styling have no version reference in that screen. It's seriously such a minor thing but the reason for it being completely unknown to me was making me nuts!

Thanks! :D

I thought his answer was 100% correct lol builds prior to th2 look like the left...after it changes to the right. The dark theme was available prior to the th2 build using particular software like "ultimate windows tweaker 4" but the start menu context did not become the larger size until the nov th2 update. (at least this is how i remember it)

I thought his answer was 100% correct lol builds prior to th2 look like the left...after it changes to the right. The dark theme was available prior to the th2 build using particular software like "ultimate windows tweaker 4" but the start menu context did not become the larger size until the nov th2 update. (at least this is how i remember it)

I agree, his answer is correct, but it didn't help me directly. It didn't answer my original question, which was "Is there a setting somewhere that establishes this styling for the context menus?".

The new style being "the default" implies options outside of the default. Apparently, if the November update is installed, that's it. There are no other choices, there is no setting which affects this.

Also, I apparently must be smoking crack to think it's gone from the newer dark style back to the older white style since it's only a forward thing. In any case, I figured out that the machines which haven't acquired this style change are all set to "defer upgrades".

So, yea, there we have it. Thanks again, guys. :)

Back