Win 8.1/8.1 Update automatically adding keyboard

_PixelNinja

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi there,

I am having a minor albeit frustrating problem in Win 8.1 Update which also occurred in Win 8.1.

My physical keyboard is a Qwerty US ANSI layout. In Windows, I use US International and Japanese IME. However, Windows will keep on randomly adding US Qwerty as an input method. While this third input method is added to the language bar, it does not appear in Control Panel/Language/Language Options. The only way to remove this third IM is to go into the Language Options, add US Qwerty, save, then come back and remove it. This is only temporary as Windows will add it back again at random.

I find this frustrating because I use Win + Spacebar to quickly shift back and forth between US International and Japanese. When the third input method pops up it causes me to make mistakes in whatever I am doing.

Would anybody have an idea what might be causing this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hi there,

I am having a minor albeit frustrating problem in Win 8.1 Update which also occurred in Win 8.1.

My physical keyboard is a Qwerty US ANSI layout. In Windows, I use US International and Japanese IME. However, Windows will keep on randomly adding US Qwerty as an input method. While this third input method is added to the language bar, it does not appear in Control Panel/Language/Language Options. The only way to remove this third IM is to go into the Language Options, add US Qwerty, save, then come back and remove it. This is only temporary as Windows will add it back again at random.

I find this frustrating because I use Win + Spacebar to quickly shift back and forth between US International and Japanese. When the third input method pops up it causes me to make mistakes in whatever I am doing.

Would anybody have an idea what might be causing this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Most likely it comes from the agents profile when NSA logs in to spy :D

Most likely it comes from the agents profile when NSA logs in to spy :D
I've been fiddling around and what I've noticed is this seems to occur after launching a game in Steam. I also noticed that my keyboard settings go back to how I set them if I reboot my system; until I go through Steam again.

I do not have the language options set to have individual input methods for each app window.

Back