win 7/xp/smb scanning HELP!!

Spike..

Gawd
I have a new windows 7 machine that is networked with an older xp machine and i am trying to set it up for smb scanning on a muratech mfx-2050. i have it set up so the windows xp machine can connect, it gave me no issues at all for printing or scanning. on the windows 7 machine so far I have created a shared scanning folder on the windows 7 machine and allowed everyone read/right access, i disabled both my windows firewall and mcafee i went into the web interface on the muratec and inputted the user account folder path and password after doing all of this i click save and it gives me a message saying it is an invalid entry. I finally decided to verify that the computers can talk to each other and i find out that the windows 7 machine can access the shared folder on the xp machine however if i try it the other way around i get a message saying i do not have the network permissions to access the computer. So it seems to me it is definitely a network setting issue, i just don't know what or where. HELP!

also having issues with remote desktop from said xp machine to the win 7 machine works the other way around. win 7 can remote xp but xp cant remote win 7 i think it is all apart of the same problem.

If you're using a workgroup, confirm that both computers are in the same one. WinXP's default workgroup name is MSHOME, while Win7's default workgroup name is WORKGROUP.

Back