Win 7 task bar icon size / font size different btwn. 32 bit vs. 64 bit

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
c4kn.jpg

The 1st link (above) is the screen capture of my old PC that run under win 7 pro, 32 bit. At Display Size Medium 125%, I notice that the icons on the task bar is quite small, which is what I have all these years, and the font size/ image size of software like excel is just right.

r1v0.jpg

move on to win 7 pro 64 bit on my new PC, the icons on the task bar is bigger, but at 125%, the font and icons on software like Excel is too big, and icons on software such as excel is blur due to its size.

Is there anything I can do to make them the way I used to have it in the 32 bit ver.?

Are you sure you're not using the large taskbar icons on the 64bit version? Scaling shouldn't have been different between the two.

Right click your taskbar and select "properties", then check "Use small icons" and the taskbar will look like it did in your last setup.

Thanks for the tip. It does work on those task bar icon. But at 125% medium, on win 7 pro 64 bit, a lot of things are still larger.

this is an old screencap of the old PC win 7 pro, 32 bit, you can see the icons size and font size

74nt.jpg

and this is the new Win 7 pro, 64 bit, you can see the font size and all those icons are larger

m7e3.jpg

same deal w/ firefox, I actually have the Advance font size lower on this new PC, and yet, the font of the text is still larger

but NOT every software has enlarged, wordperfect stays the same, for e.g.

Back