Win 7 Install with my OC?

Savoy

2[H]4U
Fast and simple question. Can I or rather should I install win7 with my current OC in place? I have read some people say back off your OC before any OS install and others claim no big deal and report no issues. Are they just lucky or what? I was planning to do an in place upgrade over my vista 64 install to Win 7 64 since this machine is only used for gaming and light surfing and I keep it VERY clean. I have a shit ton of games installed and I don't want to have ro reinstall everything.

So should I back everything down to stock in the bios before I run the upgrade or what?
Thanks guys.

No ofense but why are you asking this question when you have read all of the opinions already?

Go ahead and do it, if you have a stable OC, your ok. If you don't, who knows.

It takes what 5 minutes to make the changes in the BIOS to put everything back to stock clocks, start the install (which takes ~20-25 minutes) and then put the OC settings back when you are done, maybe another 5 minutes.

Yes, install with the OC. I know a lot of people say not to so this but if the OS won't install with the OC to me that's just asking for trouble.

I have installed windows 7(to replace vista) while my q9450 was overclocked to 3.02 ghz.. and no problems at all.

No ofense but why are you asking this question when you have read all of the opinions already?

Go ahead and do it, if you have a stable OC, your ok. If you don't, who knows.

It takes what 5 minutes to make the changes in the BIOS to put everything back to stock clocks, start the install (which takes ~20-25 minutes) and then put the OC settings back when you are done, maybe another 5 minutes.

Well if I'm asking I probably haven't had the time to read all the opinions already? Or maybe I just like to waste my time asking needless and senseless questions? You pick which one.

To everyone else, thanks for the opinions.

Back