Win 10 Pro Anniversary Update = black screen when running games. Is there a fix?

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Recently updated to the Anniversary Update for Win 10 Pro. I held out for a while but decided to go ahead and install it. I am now receiving black screens when running games. The only work around is to run them in windowed mode rather than full screen. I can't update my video card drivers as they are the latest. Running a GTX 1070. Single monitor.

Is there any known fix for this?

Last edited:
I assume you've already tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Nvidia drivers as a matter of diagnosis?

Do you by chance have TeamViewer installed and running at the same time as the game? I get the exact same behavior if TeamViewer is running and I start a game.

man so weird i had the issue when i had amd r9 390 8 gig card switched to nvidia problem went away LOL i still like amd no fan boy here just strange never really figured it out and didnt get much help anywhere no offense to {H}ardocp

Are you using software such as MSI afterburner or MSI Precision? Is your graphics card overclocked at all?

Back