Win 10 Fall Creators Update - Some minor issues

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
I finally got the "Fall Creators" update a few days ago. So far everything seems to be working fine with two small exceptions:

1) I can no longer minimize games with the Windows key on the keyboard. A lot of games used to seamlessly minimize to a smaller window (such as BF4/1) so I could quickly do something on the desktop and then click on the game window to maximize to full screen again. Is there any setting that the update may have changed which would effect this?

2) Each time I restart Windows it Windows Defender pops up in a window. Not much of a problem but I don't see the need for it to pop up each time I restart Win 10 to tell me that my device is protected. Just another pointless click to close. Any work around in Defender settings to make it not popup at startup?

Thread hijack: Defender also keeps nagging me with it's idiotic summaries, I DON'T CARE, alert me when there is a problem, not when there is none.

You can turn off the Defender notifications. Find the Windows Defender Security center, click virus & threat protection settings, scroll down and click change notification settings. Unsure if this will completely turn it off or if it will still have a notification if a threat is detected. I am ok with it off completely, I can check the scan results myself.

You can turn off the Defender notifications. Find the Windows Defender Security center, click virus & threat protection settings, scroll down and click change notification settings. Unsure if this will completely turn it off or if it will still have a notification if a threat is detected. I am ok with it off completely, I can check the scan results myself.

Turned off the main one although I believe that was the notification when you finish a scan. I found it odd that if you finished a scan and saw the results, a pop up covering the entire right side of my screen would show me the scan results I can see in the open Window. Not sure it that will prevent the program from opening a window at startup but I suppose I will know soon enough. Whoever designed the new UI for Defender needs to get fired to. I think you'd have to try to make something so confusing to navigate.

Any suggestions on games no longer being minimize able would be great.

make sure they games are set to "windowed full screen" or whatever its called. or try alt-enter.

Thread hijack: Defender also keeps nagging me with it's idiotic summaries, I DON'T CARE, alert me when there is a problem, not when there is none.

It tries to convince you it's doing it's job. Like it had a chance lol.

Ever since that update I've started getting random black screens. Almost like my TV totally lost the video signal. I can't really find a pattern to it, but the audio keeps playing (I'm using HDMI) and it only lasts for roughly 2 seconds at a time. I've never had it happen when not doing anything or just using Windows explorer, but it happens when gaming, watching videos, web browsing, and just about anything else.
I might go a day or two without it happening, and then it might happen 2-3 times in an hour.

Back