Win 10 display not turning off

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
Despite setting the power options for the display to turn off, it doesn't seem to be doing it. Anyone else having such quirks?

Skype, teamviewer, afterburner, avast, glasswire, viber are the only their ones running. I've also tried without them running, but no luck.

If you look at Device Manager, is every device properly supported - no yellow or red exclamation marks? Usually a driver that doesn't support ACPI properly (poorly coded drivers) tend to cause such issues more often than not, or if any device is having problems that can and does wreck the entire power subsystem aspects of Windows.

Well with win 10 still being fairly new its very possible there is a few glitches in the nvidia driver you're currently using. I would do a full clean with DDU and see if there's a new driver to try out because i can't see how it could be anything else, assuming your display is fine.

The quirk I noticed with extended displays (2 monitors) is that when powering back the monitors, all windows are quickly moved to the main screen. Video card is Nvidia 7800GTX, using the latest W8 driver (1/30/2015).

Found the culprit after disconnecting usb devices one-by-one. My old Logitech Wing-man Digital 3D joystick was having issues. Win 10 couldn't shut it down apparently. Re-calibrating it within game control panel solved the problem. I've disconnected it anyway....hardly game with it nowadays.

Back