Win 10 - Best way to minimize full screen games

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Been using Win 10 for a months now, and probably one of the biggest drawbacks compared to 7 is full screen games just don't seem to minimize very well. Bringing up the Task Manager or even Win + Tab does not seem to do the trick very well in Win 10. I always play games in full screen and running in Windowed mode is not an option, but I occasionally like to minimize to check on something.

I've tried setting Task Manager "Always On Top" under view, but that has its own drawbacks and does not seem to improve much. Fairly annoying when to try and minimize a game for 3 minutes only for it to continually go back into full screen. And lots of times exiting is not an option as most games don't have quick saves these days (in 2017 to!).

Surely there has to be some trick to it. It worked so great in XP/Vista/7, I don't see what would change it 10. If it matters, I have been running various Nvidia drivers since moving to 10. I don't use Nvidia Experience either, and use the traditional Nvidia Control Panel.

i get the same issue so I usually just leave something open on the desktop, like my games shortcut folder. then it just alt-tabs to that and you have full access to the desktop.

Back