Will YOU buy Just Cause 2 ?

Will YOU buy Just Cause 2 ?

• Yes!

Votes: 95 39.6%
  • No...

Votes: 145 60.4%

• Total voters
I had quite a bit of fun on the demo, but most likely I'll wait for a sale on this. I'll purchase it for around $20, but not $50.

I feel like I've easily gotten my $50 worth if not more myself but YMMV as always. :)

The thing is just drop dead gorgeous as well even if you're not using highest possible eye candy settings. Scales great but if wow, if you can max out all the eye candy you're really in for a treat.

Great game!

Oh yea, I go the game dialed all the way out. It's a tasty snack for my 4870 @ 1680x1050.

Anyone have no life like me and discover 366 out of the 368 locations? I can not find the last 2, even going into the map and flicking the undiscovered icon on and off, I see no yellow dots anywhere

I do have 2 locations which I can not get 100% in (Panau City - Residential District and the Panau International Airport) because of a glitch or something (I froze at least once at both locations so maybe that glitched it or something) but those 2 are discovered so they can't be the last 2

I'd buy (especially on a Steam sale) because for once Eidos/Square did the right thing and rebuilt the PC version from the ground up to be superior, not just a X360 port. That's why they use DirectX10 only.

The only issue I have is that the DLC isn't available (Limited Edition) in the US the same way it is in Europe. Though, DLC weapons and items should be available for a moderate price apparently. Today marks the first FREE DLC though - a tricked out ice cream truck!

Yep, I'll be buying it once I can find it on sale... looks fun, and is supposed to run amazingly well on GTX 400-series cards :D.

I got my copy today.

P1010859.jpg

really i can't max it out on my 5850

Hmm that's strange, what res are you playing at?

I'm using 4x AA, not 8x. So technically, not FULL maxed out, but you get the picture. The game looks gorgeous.

It's like Far Cry meets GTA.

Hmm that's strange, what res are you playing at?

I'm using 4x AA, not 8x. So technically, not FULL maxed out, but you get the picture. The game looks gorgeous.

It's like Far Cry meets GTA.
I playing at 1680*1050 and 4xaa I can't even turn water detail all Tue way up and I have my card at 5870 speeds

I recently tested the JC demo and didn't like it, so why bother about the sequel?

Cheers
Olle

I only played the 360 demo for the first game and that was fun. I think I might rent it for the 360 as well at some point but I won't be buying the PC version until it's at least half price.

I recently tested the JC demo and didn't like it, so why bother about the sequel?

Cheers
Olle
I bought the first game at BigLots for $4, and it wasn't worth the price.

I paid $50 for JC2, and would pay it again, anyday. It's a steel at that price!

I playing at 1680*1050 and 4xaa I can't even turn water detail all Tue way up and I have my card at 5870 speeds
I'm guessing your CPU is at stock speed? If so, try pushing it up 400-500Mhz, it could very well alleviate your performance issues. I'm not 100% sure, since I haven't done any test myself, but I can't see it not helping with your resolution.

How's the gunplay in this game? This was the one thing that really bugged me about GTAIV and ruined it for me. I get that it's supposed to be a sandbox adventure type game but the combat needs to be engaging for me to stay interested.

I was waiting for a Steam sale but Best Buy sent me $20 in rewardzone coupons so I went ahead and picked it up for $30. Seems a small price to pay to support Steam and a developer that cared enough to put a little effort into the PC version.

How's the gunplay in this game? This was the one thing that really bugged me about GTAIV and ruined it for me. I get that it's supposed to be a sandbox adventure type game but the combat needs to be engaging for me to stay interested.

Pretty good. I'm picky when it comes to third person style action games and gunplay and I'm satisfied with it.

I was waiting for a Steam sale but Best Buy sent me $20 in rewardzone coupons so I went ahead and picked it up for $30. Seems a small price to pay to support Steam and a developer that cared enough to put a little effort into the PC version.

You'll get more than your money's worth quite easily.

EDIT: http://www.justcause2mods.com/

Stumbled across this. :)

Last edited:
I've had it for a few days now and it's been a complete blast. Not many games can stand up to the amount of plain old fun that JC2 delivers.

Back