Will YOU buy Just Cause 2 ?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by ShuttleLuv, Mar 18, 2010.

Will YOU buy Just Cause 2 ?

1. Yes!

95 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. No...

145 vote(s)
    60.4%
  1. pigwalk

pigwalk [H]ardForum Junkie

Loving the demo, but I won't have time for a while. Will pick it up when a - I have time, and B - price drops.

2. l0cke

l0cke Gawd

So, it's quicker to wait for a steam sale?

3. blurp

blurp Limp Gawd

Won't buy it for now ... Demo is broken for me. Time to do some troubleshooting : I get a black screen and 'application stop responding'. Call it a false start.

4. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I need something new to play. This scratches a lot of itches for me. I'll have my copy later today.

5. Simmonz

Simmonz 2[H]4U

No I won't be buying Just cause 2. I have grown tired of things like Steam which bind my games to an account . I miss the days where I could just run a game and not have anything else open. Steamworks is a no go for me now.

6. ann0yanc3

ann0yanc3 Gawd

Well, better enjoy it while it lasts. Most games these days are tied to some sort of online community. IMHO, Steam is great for playing with your friends. It's really easy to see what they are playing and invite them to your game.

7. 4saken

4saken [H]ardForum Junkie

imo the series is overhyped, first one was a forgettable game, not bad, but forgettable. Not even sure why it warranted a sequel. But its just not on the radar to buy.

8. Jimi_Shuffler

Jimi_Shuffler [H]ard|Gawd

I'm probably gonna be getting it when it goes on sale at steam.

9. Vertigo528

Vertigo528 Limp Gawd

I'm sort of surprised at the poll results. I've put probably 5 hours into the demo. I have never seen a demo that had that much replay value. Not saying there isn't one, but it's certainly a rarity.

It's fun as shit to just think of some wild way to blow something up and the graphics engine constantly impresses. I do agree that the controls can be a bit overwhelming at first on a keyboard.

I'd like to hear from someone that has put substantially more time into the full version say it's still fun after 30+ hours. Then I'll buy it.

10. TheUndead

TheUndead n00b

I got the game but it's for the Xbox 360! :D

[​IMG]

11. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

The full game is really awesome. If you're a fan of GTA and Mercenaries type games at all, you want to be all over this. Gorgeous, huge, fun to play, tons of things to do.

12. Simmonz

Simmonz 2[H]4U

I know it is a depressing trend. Luckily I have close to or over 100 games to beat right now and a wishlist of 136 games that don't require me to play through Steam, GFWL, or activate online.

13. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

You wouldn't happen to be related to Mike211, would you? :D

14. WhiteZero

WhiteZero 2[H]4U

Just purchased it on Steam. I enjoyed the demo.
    Now to wait about an hour for it to download.

15. ChristopherB

ChristopherB [H]Lite

I haven't had this much fun playing a game in years. JC2 is easily the the best expenditure of $45 I've made thus far on gaming...I never thought I'd say that after buying Fallout 3 awhile back.

It doesn't try to weigh itself down with reality, but looks, feels, and runs great. It has most of the beauty of Crysis, but it actually has the fun and humor to back it up. B-style movie writing is hilarious.

16. gesicht

gesicht Gawd

i really liked the first one. then again i never played GTA past 1 and 2 the top down view ones. the first one pretty easy so always just went out of my way to most over the top method of completing most missions. i had hours and hours of fun just screwing around.

JC2 is basically the same game with a ton of new tricks and destructible environments. i will get it when i need a new game.

17. silent hero

silent hero Gawd

I'll wait until it's $10. I paid $10 for Red Faction Guerilla and feel like that's a more enjoyable game though I like the setting of JC2 better.

18. Misterzeno

Misterzeno [H]Lite

Got it from Gamefly a few days ago on 360......one of the BEST if not the BEST sand box games I have ever played. Including RFG, GTA 3-4, Mercenaries 1 and 2. Might go to the gamefly website and hit keep. Dont know if I will get it for my pc, sofa and this feels too good. Have had sessions that have cause the wife to say...."umm i thought you were supposed to quit an hour ago".... I keep having those I wonder if i tried this moment. The engine they built for this game is absolutely insane and pretty dam good.

19. singe_101

singe_101 2[H]4U

It's tough to not repeatedly blow up one's base with no backlash... sh-sh-shink, sh-shink.

I think the best part was driving a big armored hog into the town of Dust city hall with the M.O.A.B. on it. From impact and just blowing it up, boom, high importance target gone. Well actually the best part was going to get the nanoforge and living, first time.

20. Deviationer

Deviationer [H]ard|Gawd

I bought it on steam right after I watched the video reviews from gametrailers, ign, and gamespot. The game looked too damn fun to wait for a steam sale.

21. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

All I do is fire this up and just lose myself and turn around and 1-2 hours are gone in a flash. Great game!

22. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

I know, right? I haven't purchased the full game yet but every time I played the demo I'd find myself saying "Damn, only 5 minutes left already?!?" I couldn't believe how quickly a half hour would pass when I was just driving/flying around goofing off and blowing stuff up.

23. Itchyeyes

Itchyeyes Gawd

Yes, but probably only when the price comes down to $30-$40 range.

24. m3ta1head

m3ta1head 777

This game is incredible. It is remarkably well polished (there are a few bugs, but considering the scale of the game it hardly matters) and most importantly TONS OF FUN TO PLAY. The map is fucking enormous, probably the biggest map in a game ever, with tons of terrain change and gorgeous tropical eye candy to boot. Even in the fighter planes, traversing from one end to the other takes quite a few minutes.

Oh and there are tons and tons of easter eggs in the game. Hell, the entire northwest island is the LOST island, plane crash and all! They really nailed it, too-when you fly over the island, you instantly get shot down, leaving you stranded in the middle of nowhere :D

25. zsec

zsec Limp Gawd

Most fun I've had in a sandbox type game, even more so than Saints Row 2 co-op. What makes the game for me, is double hooking things and abuse the physics.

26. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Same here. I loved Saints Row 2 once they patched it up, I like Red Faction Guerilla a lot, but this somehow has a bit of the best of both of those and it's own twists on things.

This is a hell of a great game IMO.

27. GonzoP

GonzoP 2[H]4U

I've actually gone thru the demo 4 or 5 times given the 30 minute time limit. It is a tempting play

28. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller 2[H]4U

Just Cause 2 is on sale at the Gamer that Goes website.

29. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

At a great and IMO no brainer price.

30. eloj

eloj 2[H]4U

Just ordered the PS3 version. Hopefully it doesn't have the same awful design flaw that RF:G had, namely that if you piss on a tree all the enemies on the map swarm you within 10s.

31. MGDMN

MGDMN 2[H]4U

Well, I have been playing this for the last couple of days and although in between missions there is quite a bit of just keep busy work, its still fun stealing cars and blowing shit up. So far I wouldnt say its great, but its not boring. Plus, the graphics look very nice.

32. GlowingBurrito

GlowingBurrito [H]Lite

I bought it last night on Steam and so far I've been enjoying it.

33. ShuttleLuv

ShuttleLuv [H]ardness Supreme

I think ima pick up the full game. :D

34. ivandurago

ivandurago [H]ard|Gawd

I will buy it when it goes on Steam's sale for around $15-20

35. LstOfTheBrunnenG

LstOfTheBrunnenG [H]ardness Supreme

Voted yes. I played fifteen minutes of the demo at a friend's place on his 5850. That was enough.

36. Mike211

Mike211 [H]ard|Gawd

Product Line 1 : Just Cause 2 for PC
    Product ID: 98204226
    Item Price: $29.90
    QTY Ordered: 1
    Shipping Method: Dirt Cheap

----------------------
    YOUR ORDER BALANCE:
    ----------------------

Subtotal: $29.90
    Tax: $0.00
    Shipping: $2.99
    ------------
    Total $32.89

37. Rooble91

Rooble91 Secret Santa Lame Gifter

Gonna wait until it goes on sale on Steam. Demo was fun when i had nothing else to do and i just wanted to blow shit and up and steal cars instead of BFBC2 :D

38. Zinn

Zinn Pronouns: ze, zis, zit

Already bought ... 14 hours in and I've still barely even touched the story ... there's just too much stuff to do in this game. I think I'm going to go for 100%...

39. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Anyone else playing the full game having the occasional freeze/crash happening to them?

40. Cmustang87

Cmustang87 [H]ardness Supreme

I had quite a bit of fun on the demo, but most likely I'll wait for a sale on this. I'll purchase it for around $20, but not $50.