Will you buy Destiny 2 =)

And the next call of duty will be the best call of duty yet! WOOOO

honestly, I don't know. The beta made me fear that the game would be 1) repetitive 2) too short 3) boring and 4) imbalanced in PvP. the final game was exactly that.

I do think they have SOMETHING in this game, but they really have to step it up in order for it to be worthwhile.

Well, I'll never say never, but I definitely wouldn't pick up the title until reading reviews about the game. I picked up the game at release based on Bungie's name alone and like others was disappointed by the game. It felt like a title that should have been great, but got rejigged into something greedy and corporate.

If there is a PC version.
The answer is no for me. And I have the Guardian Edition. So I'm still due 2 expansions, but they wont fix this shell of a game with those(IMO). This game is in the same state as Diablo 3 was at release, not finished/half broken. They need to fix this one before they start asking for money for a new one... Not amused...

I've enjoyed Destiny, but there really hasn't been much content for the Xbox 1, and releases I am interested in are few and far between. It isn't a stellar game, but it has given me something to spend time on. I feel the story was cheaped out on, and that's even with me reading all the grimiore fluff. The game feels more like an episode, rather than the full novel, and I am curious how Bungie intends to flesh it out.

Short answer - maybe, if I like where they ultimately end up with the current game.

Yes my son and I haven't played this much together in a long time if it releases before college then id say yes.

Yes, in a heartbeat. I find Destiny enjoyable enough for me to pick it up.

Oh and this thread is totally flamebait/troll worthy just from the OP's tone. Loot cave is for scrubs -- it didn't get you anywhere close to end-game and doing strikes actually got you further.

Last edited:
Nope. The game got old fast. The last thing I want to do is "grind" so I continue to play a game that wasn't great to begin with.

I don't mind the grind in games... Love D3 and still play it.

However, the grind in this game DOES NOT FEEL REWARDING.

At first play the game is awesome, amazing feel, gunplay etc. Then you keep going and going on repetitive missions. Then you star the strikes over and over. The armor you can is an upgrade in stats only, just lets you do more of the same only harder.

You get to only use your special once in a while, where in D3 you get to spam your stuff, change your build etc.

Then you realize that for end game you have the MANUALLY put a party together. This turns out to too much work and scheduling so most people won't get to do the weekly heroic or end game raid content. I just don't have the friends to get all this together.

Fell pretty burned by a game that at first had amazing core gameplay, but the entire way it works is broken.

If they had some sort of dynamic mob spawning it would add a nice change to the day to day grind instead of just being a game you play on the reset day. One of the best events I've witnessed was a "enemies are moving against each other" during a warsat defense there were so many mobs and dead guardians it was actually harder than the raid.

Yes, in a heartbeat. I find Destiny enjoyable enough for me to pick it up.

Oh and this thread is totally flamebait/troll worthy just from the OP's tone. Loot cave is for scrubs -- it didn't get you anywhere close to end-game and doing strikes actually got you further.

well would you look at that...the majority on here say no and are criticizing the game in the process, why arent you flaming them as well hmmmm?????

Absolutely would not buy it. They have proven that they do not really understand what to do with the franchise. The first game is barely a "game" at all. Its bullet sponge plus confusing story.

The fact that Activision won't release real sales numbers (sold to retail is meaningless) proves that this franchise isn't quite the success they were hoping for. $500 million for $325 million in the first 3 days? GTA 5 sold $1 Billion in the first three days and cost around $235 Million to develop/market AND that's not including what they will make on next gen consoles this month. GTA 5 only launched on 2 platforms while Destiny launched on 4.

Shareholders of Activision are very likely to be pretty unhappy with real sales versus the hype they were fed.

IMO, the actual gameplay for Destiny was fine and they had the core for something that could have been great...and then they just didn't finish it. From the plot, to matchmaking, to the repetitive levels, to the nearly worthless inventory system, to the lackluster vs. mode.
The core gameplay is/was still better than 90% of other games, but do I really want to encourage this kind of thing by buying a sequel when this is the first game in a series? This isn't Dragon Age 3 where we at least had a killer previous game to give us hope.
I hope Destiny 2 is awesome, but there's no way I'm buying it until it is a known quantity...and I'm going to stop listening to my Call of Duty loving friends who hyped me into buying this one on day 2.

The Tower with the 3rd person is great.... the interface and items are cool..... the rest is garbage with pew pew machine guns and torture maps in the crucible. I thought the game would be more immersive and organic textures that make the game come alive.

If Destiny 2 is on PS3 and X-box it will fail cause it won't take advantage of next gen hardware.

Wow, how about if they focused on the first one?

Why the hell would they even start a second destiny?

Focus on fixing this game.

And they haven't even release DLC yet , lol , this is ridiculous.

well would you look at that...the majority on here say no and are criticizing the game in the process, why arent you flaming them as well hmmmm?????

I'm not flaming anyone, just calling someone out for starting the thread off with trollbait stuff.

He can dislike it all he wants. I just have a problem with the passive aggressive tone with the =) smiley.

But I guess look who finally came out of the cave. Still bitter? Get over it.

I'm not flaming anyone, just calling someone out for starting the thread off with trollbait stuff.

He can dislike it all he wants. I just have a problem with the passive aggressive tone with the =) smiley.

And yet every single person in this thread is saying the exact same things i said about the game, you just wanted to pick fights in the destiny thread and your actually saying "get over it?" lol :rolleyes: Get over the fact that the game sucks no matter how much you want to defend it

And yet every single person in this thread is saying the exact same things i said about the game, you just wanted to pick fights in the destiny thread and your actually saying "get over it?" lol :rolleyes: Get over the fact that the game sucks no matter how much you want to defend it

You two already have that other thread for your love letters.
At least take it back over there...

Get over it, you're the one still arguing like a whiny bitch.

I would suggest you two star crossed lovers steer clear of each other.

If Bungie fixes the very fixable problems in Destiny, sure. The core gunplay is really good...the game just needs more stuff, really.

If Bungie fixes the very fixable problems in Destiny, sure. The core gunplay is really good...the game just needs more stuff, really.

I think with the very public outcry -- they might finally take a hint. It really is Diablo 3 all over again. Considering Blizzard is within the same umbrella you would think they would learn a thing or two instead of repeating every single god damn mistake.

Both very flawed games to start, yet I still play. I'm just hoping it turns out to be like what D3 is now sooner than later.

Like... take out the orbit garbage. People should be in the Tower hub all the time and be able to fly to any of the planets from there. I don't understand why we need to fly to orbit just to fly to another planet once in Orbit. Lol..

You two already have that other thread for your love letters.
At least take it back over there...

dumb.gif

I was suuuuuuper disaapointed with Destiny and I'm really tired of people defending it with "well it makes up for that with"

NO NO IT FUCKING SIXTY GODDAMN DOLLARS DOESN'T. I'm not gonna lie I didn't thoroughly research I just watched the videos and gameplay. Why is that not enough anymore? Next gen previews will have to start incorporating a lie detector. I was told hey it's borderlands but like Halo. Well I liked halo, the first one at any rate, but this is not Halo. It's not even close in quality or gameplay. it's like they took a single battle from halo, copy pasted and repeated it for idk say 13 missions? and then told you to do it over and over again for another 40 to get some legendary piece of equipment so you could stand a fighting chance in a shitty shitty arena multiplayer game they ripped off POORLY of UT99 ..well UT3. I liked UT99.

This is not a game. There's no story and the multiplayer is shit. To be a game you owe me one or the other . I want my $60 fucking dollars back.

Last edited:
With Destiny only a few guys were allowed outside the box to experiment with the development of the game they created the Future War Cult and the Fallen hiding behind rocks and cars.

Destiny the search for a Plot....

You won't discover Destiny Destiny will find you.

dumb.gif

I was suuuuuuper disaapointed with Destiny and I'm really tired of people defending it with "well it makes up for that with"

NO NO IT FUCKING SIXTY GODDAMN DOLLARS DOESN'T. I'm not gonna lie I didn't thoroughly research I just watched the videos and gameplay. Why is that not enough anymore? Next gen previews will have to start incorporating a lie detector. I was told hey it's borderlands but like Halo. Well I liked halo, the first one at any rate, but this is not Halo. It's not even close in quality or gameplay. it's like they took a single battle from halo, copy pasted and repeated it for idk say 13 missions? and then told you to do it over and over again for another 40 to get some legendary piece of equipment so you could stand a fighting chance in a shitty shitty arena multiplayer game they ripped off POORLY of UT99 ..well UT3. I liked UT99.

This is not a game. There's no story and the multiplayer is shit. To be a game you owe me one or the other . I want my $60 fucking dollars back.

Well it makes up for that with....;)

lol before I have read this thread I knew it was purposefully designed to satisfy the Destiny Haters Social Group. :)

lol before I have read this thread I knew it was purposefully designed to satisfy the Destiny Haters Social Group. :)

I like to think of it more as a 'Destiny Letdown Support Group'. We find strength in each other at spending $69 for a paid DLC platform. :D

I'd really like more missions like The Sword of Crota. Running around OHKing everything with a massive goddamned sword is pretty enjoyable.

Back