Will you buy a phsyx card when released in May?

coolxboxgamer said:
physx cards are way tro dam expensive to justfify the performance

Errr - performance in what? If you mean performance in physics then I'd like to know what other piece of hardware can perform 96 floating point vector ops per clock.

That's some seriously specialized hardware.

I think Graphics cards are way to damn expensive to justify the performance gains every 6 months - does that mean that it might not be worth upgrading eventually when something really needs shader model 1234.5? Or HDR+AAZOMGITMAKESGAMESSOREALIWANTTOCRY?
All these "features" are just as much hype as the fans make 'em.

Look at the Shader 2.0 HDR mod for oblivion if you think I'm wrong - it's a .dll that simulates HDR on shader model 2.0 cards. Why did we need real HDR? Nvid/ati said we needed it. Hell, some people don't even like it.

Bottom line is this change of graphics cards every 6 months makes developers lazy - look at GRAW, it looks last gen but takes next gen specs to run smoothly.

Another thing: these cards will never be integrated on a motherboard "like onboard sound".

"onboard sound" is a fallacy - it's an interface chip that lets your CPU do all the sound ops - think "soft modem" and you won't be far off. Ugh - Those things sucked. :rolleyes:

The physics equivalent of "onboard sound" is what you've already got - a CPU. And it ain't good at physics.

Back