will you be getting Ivy Bridge?

Upgrade to IB?

• Total voters
I'll be keeping the 920 in my main PC for the time being. The 3570K will be used in my loungeroom "console".

The thing is,there is no difference at the gaming compare to an o/c [email protected]
so why i should upgrade?,we can keep the 1366,at least 2 years more with no problem. ;)

I have ivy bridge coming in the mail this week. couldnt pass on the deal of 195 shipped from micro. Ended up ordering the msi z77-65 from newegg. upgrading from a i5 750 @3.72ghz. Only reason I'm really upgrading is for sata 3 and crossfire.
I keep re-reading this part, but it still doesn't make sense.

I tried to order an i5 from MicroCenter, but it's been an "in-store only" item since day 1. I thought I was going to get my i5-3570K for $189.99, but found it would not stay in my online shopping cart.

Later on, they added the "in-store only" bit to the listing on their webpage.

So how exactly did you get one shipped?

Nope, Q9550 on a ups truck on the way to my house today, will replace a Q6600 @3.2. This will carry me past IB to haswell & Windows 8. In my case I use MacBook/iPad for most computing needs and the PC is mainly for BOINCing and gaming (BF3).

Zero incentive to move from an i7 2600k @ 4.4 (which has additional headroom). It does everything I want it to without issue. Plus, I just upgraded to Sandy Bridge last October anyway.

I personally stay a bit behind-the-times on purpose; saves money but gets me solid performance.

My i7-3770K was just delivered! That's the last piece of my build. Will be installing it and loading Windows tonight. Me = one happy camper!

I have a new system with the Intel Core i5-3570K built. It ran stable at 4.6GHz but a little too hot for a 24/7 overclock so I dropped it down to 4.2GHz. For cooling I used the Corsair H100; but I think I would have gotten better performance from the Noctua NH-D14.

I'm still pondering if I should upgrade to Ivy from a Q6600 B3 setup only for playing D3 and Valve games...

Ivy is finally available in my country... Just quick question - in all places it lists two variants of 3770k. One is "CPUCI7 3500/8M S1155 BX/3770K BX80637I73770K S R0PL IN" (item code BX80637I73770KSR0P) while another lists as "Intel Core i7 3770K BX80637I73770K "(item code BX80637I73770K). Difference in price is tiny but I am not able to find any info about any physical differences... Thank you.

Replacing my aging desktop (e8200) with a new 3570k build (along with other goodies). Chip just arrived today, hopefully piece together the system tonight :)

Well my I5-3570k Came in from Mircocenter (195 bucks shipped), Fedex first thing this morning (Love Fedex) Now I have to wait till like 6pm to get my MB that I ordered from Newegg thats coming UPS (hate UPS) ...Wish the MB had come first I could have gotten it all installed and been ready to pop in the CPU.. All well. I'll have it booting up and running benchmarks tonight.

bought mine from Amazon, i became prime (Trial Only) and it was 353 usd with 1 day shipping. Now is overclocking time, i hope to get lucky with this one.

Finally bit the bullet and bought a 3570K with a Z77M-D2H to replace my aging Q6600 B3 build.

not a fan of heat. but i love how ppl dont have to replace mobos to switch to IB chips.

pulled the trigger and ordered a 3570k from TD.

Damn the free shipping, won't be here till the 9th :/

pulled the trigger and ordered a 3570k from TD.

Damn the free shipping, won't be here till the 9th :/
I know right? They really aren't in a hurry on the free shipping deals. I ordered my IB on Sunday (launch day), and it still isn't here. Last I looked, it was sitting in the Oklahoma UPS sort facility.

Newegg, on the other hand, gets it out tuit-suite even on free shipping deals. I ordered my case and DVD-RW on Monday and got them yesterday.

Not that I'm complaining; I'm deliberately NOT getting all the parts here at the same time, so that I'll actually study for finals next week.

If I wasn't on SB already I might but the overclocking was a big let down, load temps were far to high for my liking.

pulled the trigger on 3570k, asus maximus V and 16gb (4x4gb) Sammy ram...
Now I have to decide on HSF (212 EVO, noctua or Silver Arrow)... and when is GTX680 going to show up in stock? :).

Picked up the 3570K and Asrock Extreme4 last night, tomorrow picking up 16GB of Samsung memory. Upgrading from a Q9550. Almost went with the 3770K, but I mainly use the PC for web browsing and gaming and read it wasn't worth the extra cost. Besides, the above parts cost not much more than the retail price for a 3770K.

Picked up the 3570K and Asrock Extreme4 last night, tomorrow picking up 16GB of Samsung memory. Upgrading from a Q9550. Almost went with the 3770K, but I mainly use the PC for web browsing and gaming and read it wasn't worth the extra cost. Besides, the above parts cost not much more than the retail price for a 3770K.

solid choice m8 got 3570k too , i come from cd6700...feels like coming outta prison after 10 yrs

got the 3570K for 189.00 and a Asrock Z77 pro4 motherboard for 69.00 as a combo deal from microcenter in Denver. hell of an upgrade for 260.00 plus tax

Think I've finally decided on my upgrades:

Asus Sabertooth Z77
Core i7 3770K
Corsair H80
Vengeance Series 16GB DDR3-1600

That's a neat looking motherboard. I like how they did away with the traditional, cheesy I/O shield around the USB/audio/LAN/etc. ports. The "Thermal Armor" is an interesting concept. I guess it's nice to have if you overclock.

Got tired of waiting for 3770k to come back in stock and got a 3570k from Microcenter. Much like last week I got tired of waiting for 680 and got a 7970 and got Corsair instead of Samsung RAM. So here is what I ordered last and this week.

Intel 3570k
Corsair H100
Corsair Obsidian 650D
Corsair Vengence 2x8GB 1600
Gigabyte 7970
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Crucial M4 256GB

Reusing
Corsair TX750
Hanns-G 28"

Looks like everything will get here between Thur and Sat. Got a copy of Win7 I haven't used yet. I haven't used my current desktop in a while but excited to build a new one. Recently got into photography and my laptop doesn't like converting 2,0000 20MB files all at once. :( Might even use it for some games. :)

I think ill just wait for skylake 2015 or skymont due out 2016

Any chips made before these wont have any real advancements compared to what has been out in the past year. Just hype and fluff to drain your pockets :D

Back