Will this Antec PSU power a SLI rig?

Well SLI certified doesn't mean too much as non SLI certified PSU's will run SLI systems. The SmartPower is Antec's "value" line. It has basic spec compliance compared to the TruePower or NeoPower lines.

What is the exact system? And what budget? What features do you want?

Spectre said:
Well SLI certified doesn't mean too much as non SLI certified PSU's will run SLI systems. The SmartPower is Antec's "value" line. It has basic spec compliance compared to the TruePower or NeoPower lines.

What is the exact system? And what budget? What features do you want?

Thanks for the quick reply!

AMD 64 3000+
Abit AN8 SLI
nVidia 6800 GT (just one!)
2 gb Corsair Value Ram
LiteOn DVD-RW
200gb ATA HD
250gb ATA HD

I wanted to spend less than a $100 on the PSU if I could, but if I can find one that is kinda-future proof, i'll do it.

As for features, I don't care, besides the fact that it can power a SLI or Crossfire rig if I decide to upgrade.

kwaichangkang said:
Thanks for the quick reply!

AMD 64 3000+
Abit AN8 SLI
nVidia 6800 GT (just one!)
2 gb Corsair Value Ram
LiteOn DVD-RW
200gb ATA HD
250gb ATA HD

I wanted to spend less than a $100 on the PSU if I could, but if I can find one that is kinda-future proof, i'll do it.

As for features, I don't care, besides the fact that it can power a SLI or Crossfire rig if I decide to upgrade.

Hmmm....well the TruePower II 550w would fit that bill nicely as would a Seasonic S12 500w or even an Xclio 550w (same OEM as Antec)...........the only problem will be price shopping it below 100. The smartpower would most likely work....however a higher quality supply is always a good investment.

Spectre said:
Hmmm....well the TruePower II 550w would fit that bill nicely as would a Seasonic S12 500w or even an Xclio 550w (same OEM as Antec)...........the only problem will be price shopping it below 100. The smartpower would most likely work....however a higher quality supply is always a good investment.

*Your right boss, the TP II 550w looks like the winner.

Do you think that the ATI CROSSFIRE power requirements will be similiar to the nVidia SLI requirements?

kwaichangkang said:
*Your right boss, the TP II 550w looks like the winner.

Do you think that the ATI CROSSFIRE power requirements will be similiar to the nVidia SLI requirements?
Yes, anything nVidia certified for SLI & having a combined +12V@34A will be fine. ;)

CastleBravo said:
I don't see any reason to conclude that the Enermax would be the slightest bit better than the Smartpower 2.0 500W.

SLI Certified = marketing gimmick.
Then you are are an idoit! :p

The Antec TruePower II 550W is nVidia SLI Certified, the "bargain" SmartPower II 500W is not.

The TruePower II 550W has a combined +12V amperage of +12V@34A or more,
as does the Enermax, the SmartPower II 500W does NOT!

Dave

Back