will they sell win10 in flash drives (usb keys)?

AndreRio

[H]ard|Gawd
does anyone know, will they sell windows 10 on usb keys. Like apple does?

OS X on flash drives makes sense for Apple because many of its models don't include optical drives. I'm not sure the same situation exists on the PC side as a whole. Most Windows desktops and laptops still include optical drives. That could change in the future, but we're not there yet.

Before we get too deep guys, keep in mind it's an AndreRio post. We won't see him again in this thread.

Apple hasn't sold OS X on a USB stick, or any physical media, for quite some time. They are download-only.

It looks like Lion was the last version of OS X to be available from Apple on a USB flash drive, and it was discontinued when Mountain Lion was released in 2012. You may be able to find (real) one on Amazon or eBay, but it hasn't been made in a while.

A lot of Windows 10 stuff is up in the air. I've read rumors of everything up to making it eventually free to a annual subscription plan. I don't think Microsoft has even decided yet.

Yes they definitely will sell it that way.
No they definitely will not sell it that way.
Oh wait its another Andrerio post, nothing but good things will follow.

OS X on flash drives makes sense for Apple because many of its models don't include optical drives. I'm not sure the same situation exists on the PC side as a whole. Most Windows desktops and laptops still include optical drives. That could change in the future, but we're not there yet.

There are lots and lots of ultrabooks and other ultraportable Windows machines without optical drives.

Back