Will there ever be a 1440p+ IPS Gsync monitor?

PcZac

Limp Gawd
I really want to pick up one of the Korean 1440p IPS pannels, but I cannot commit knowing that there could be a Gsync monitor I want coming out soon.

my understanding is that the response time on IPS panels is not fast enough for what the gsync module brings to the table. Perhaps future versions of IPS tech or future versions of gsync/freesync will be more compatible.

Gsync panels for the near future will surely be TN panels.

my understanding is that the response time on IPS panels is not fast enough for what the gsync module brings to the table.

no... the benefits of gsync is not dependent on fast lcd transition times.

strobing (e.g. lightboost, ulmb, benq blur reduction, etc...) is the stuff that would be troublesome with slow transition times

what does need to be fast for gsync is the panel's maximum refresh rate, which afaik is limited by the panel's controller and not the panel itself. imo gsync for a monitor would be pointless unless the monitor is capable of >100hz refresh rate

Well, seeing as as the gsync module provides both the gsync functionality as well as the ulmb, they would not be utilizing the features of an expensive module.

Well, seeing as as the gsync module provides both the gsync functionality as well as the ulmb, they would not be utilizing the features of an expensive module.

Half of the currently available gsync monitors don't support ULMB. Only the ones that refresh at 120hz or faster do.

I really want to pick up one of the Korean 1440p IPS pannels, but I cannot commit knowing that there could be a Gsync monitor I want coming out soon.

The AUO 144hz "IPS type" 2560x1440 panel would be the prime candidate for this I'd think.

wow, AU Optronics pushing the innovation....SWIFT 2 from ASUS next year, calling it NOW! :D

Back