Will there be deals for high end video cards on BF?

dbz007

n00b
I'm looking to purchase a Gigabyte 7950 and it's $300 at amazon right now. Upgrading from a GTX460 since I got a monitor with 2560x1440 resolution now.
Do you guys think it will be any cheaper during BF, based off previous years?
Thanks,

What I noticed last year and it seems to be repeating itself again this year is that stores like Amazon, NE, etc., went from having a one day big BF event to a whole month long type of sales. NE calls it Black November for example. You need to watch every single day. When and if price drops to a price you feel comfortable paying, jump on it. Don't wait to see if BF has it cheaper. It may or may not. So much depends on supply, demand, and how well sales are doing for the whole month it seems. BF is becoming more of a crap shoot last couple of years IMHO. The stores are making it a month long bonanza instead of just doing it all on one day.

Seconded. Actual Black Friday has become lackluster for deals, and I think it's because online outlets can't or don't want to compete with all the B&M deals. Over the last five years or so deals have been extended throughout the weekend and now the whole month. I'm sure there will be a deal here or there on BF, but largely I see e-tailers competing ahead of BF for your dollar so they can beat out all the B&M deals. In the end Skott nailed it - wait until you see a price you feel is satisfactory and jump on it.

Newegg had some for BF last year. They will have a 3-5 page list of "deals" for BF and another on Cyber Monday. Who knows what they will be at this point.

I was pretty happy getting the gigabyte 7950 for 280 after rebate, came with 3 games as well. Didn't think there would be a much better deal than that, at least with how easy it was to get.

Back