Will there be a redesign of the Nintendo Dual Screen any time soon?

No one outside Nintendo would know for sure.
Nintendo does tend to update every 2-3 years, but the DS has only been out 1 year now.

I heard that square will be releasing a Secret of Mana game for the DS that will have co-op, and all the uberness that the original had.

I think an updated DS after the REV. sounds reasonable.

rolling around with 2 friends in secret of mana via wifi would kick much ass. i'm really looking forward to picking a ds up, as cash allows. something about Castlevania and mario kart.. good games.

i wish they updated the way the DS looks. it looks cheap and plasticy. looks like some 10 dollar Matel toy

Jawad said:
i wish they updated the way the DS looks. it looks cheap and plasticy. looks like some 10 dollar Matel toy
better that than another ipod ripoff

Jawad said:

Say what? You're on crack, man. It's definitely not as sleek and sexy as the PSP, but it's well designed and rock solid. Plus, you won't find a better library of games on any portable system anywhere than what you have access to with a DS.

Jason

Probably too early to speculate, but could you imagine the WiFi being used in Secret of Mana....play through the game with someone from Japan?

The future is now baby...

Try dropping a PSP, on its screen, while it's loading something from the UMD. Watch what happens. There is a reason why the DS has a bulky design... and it's most definately not cheap plastic. Nintendo's a stickler for quality hardware, and it shows when you accidentally drop it from 10 feet off the ground. Even a PS2 wouldn't survive that.

The DS probably will get a redesign at some point, but not any time soon. I was thinking about picking one up of my own, and was in your predicament. But when I thought about it to myself, there isn't much they could do with the DS without making the screens smaller. There can't be some "SP-like" redesign, as there isn't much that you can make smaller. Look at a picture to see what I mean.

I'd say that they'll think about the DS after the revolution gets released late next year... and for X-mas 2007 they'll have something out. But I don't think it can be much smaller... just maybe a bit more sleek. There isn't much to worry about in the next while, though. Btw, you should see pictures of the original DS design. It came out a lot better :p

The original gameboy was ugly... but there's a reason that it sold millions more than anything else. And there's a reason that the same thing is happening now, too.

DragonMasterAlex said:
Say what? You're on crack, man. It's definitely not as sleek and sexy as the PSP, but it's well designed and rock solid. Plus, you won't find a better library of games on any portable system anywhere than what you have access to with a DS.

Jason

Just a matter of opinion.

Adam.

Jawad said:

I strongely object to your post. I think it's completely unfair, uncalled for, and I am surprised forum moderators haven't warned you for it. What is so bad about Matel toys? They are very affordable, made of sleek, nontoxic products, and are fun for all ages. Matel itself is a very responsible corporation who is good to both its employees and consumers.

Shame on you Jawad, shame on you...

:D

Blakestr said:
I strongely object to your post. I think it's completely unfair, uncalled for, and I am surprised forum moderators haven't warned you for it. What is so bad about Matel toys? They are very affordable, made of sleek, nontoxic products, and are fun for all ages. Matel itself is a very responsible corporation who is good to both its employees and consumers.

Shame on you Jawad, shame on you...

:D

XD!

Quite a nice direction you took that post in. ;)

Color of the units aside, the original GameBoy looks better than the DS IMO. I'm not saying it's cheap, I'm saying it looks cheap.

They need a refresh that updates the LCDs to something as nice as the newer GBA SP ones. Side by side the DS looks dreadful.

They change the LCDs in the systems every year or two... but to be honest, other than the GB micro, the new GBA SP and the DS are almost comparable. The SP has richer colours, but not in a positive way. Too strong on the reds. The DS' screen is pretty well rounded. It may not look pretty, but the thing is built like a brick. It's REALLY hard to break 'em.

DragonMasterAlex said:
Jason

i'm only arguing about the asthetics of the DS

they should have made it all black with some nice texture, or maybe even a rubbery coating, like that of the Samsung E730 phone (not the glossy version, the rubber matte black version)

or perhaps the material of the xbox 360s controller. have you felt that baby? geeez its nice.

Well, I've been to some of the major retail outlets and have seen "DS skins", as well as Nintendo's colour schemes, of which there will be many soon (red ds with mariokart, pink and baby blue DS for Nintendogs, with paws, white coming soon, etc etc). I've felt the Xbox 360 controller, and it's OK... but nothing as special as you think. But it's just opinion, that's all.

Back