Will the next major live updates, GOW2, also create another wave of bans?

lgestle

[H]ard|Gawd
Curious. Seams with a major live release, and hot title, comes another surge or xbox live bans. It's been a while and with Arcade prices reaching 200$, maybe the pro of pirating is offsetting the possible repurchase. Personally I noticed a sudden surge in people asking if a certain xbox model contains a certain CD Drive that can be flashed to play backups, but maybe that's just me being bias.
On the flip side maybe the lack of bans is MS preventing any bad press. As with any type of protection it's usually enforced in the beginning and becomes more relaxed with time.
Who knows maybe in several more years at this rate publishers will be going back to the PC as the pirating rates are going through the roof on the consoles:)
Predictions?

I don't think there's any more pirating this generation as opposed to last generation. Same thing happened when Halo 2 hit the Xbox... banhammer to anyone with a modded dashboard and/or drive. Last time I checked popular games are still breaking the 1 million+ mark for 360 so I doubt publishers will slow down any time soon.

Publishers only complain when their game doesn't sell well, and on PC that's usually because they did a half-assed port.

Piracy is only on pc

lol, what?

While not as prevalent, piracy definitely exists in the console market.

Anyways, xbox360 games sales are doing great. I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at.

Technically there's a lot of game swapping on the PS3 going on. It's non-traditional piracy, but it's still getting software without paying for it. Back when Tekken came out in Asia there were TONS of copies floating around over here via account swapping.

Yeah, it's usually the best time to hit someone with the banhammer because they're more likely to go out and buy the hardware again.

I don't know, but I did not last the last ban wave which was last year around this time I think.

I have 5-7 Xbox 360's (Repair them, sell them), so its not an issue for me, but it is interesting how they ban people.

:p I have some people playing Saints Row 2 on my friends list. GEE! I wonder how they got it 2 weeks early?

Back