Will the GTX580 get a price cut soon?

With the HD 6990 and GTX590 in the horizon is it possible the price of the 580 will go down at least $50, hopefully $100? That is enough cash for a couple games, maybe a lot of games if I was to save it for a Steam sale. Are there any rumors of a price cut?

nobody knows and if they did they could not tell you anyway, lol. I do think a price cut would make sense with the release of the 590. of course if the 590 is in limited production its price could be sky high and the 580 would stay right where it is.

With the HD 6990 and GTX590 in the horizon is it possible the price of the 580 will go down at least $50, hopefully $100? That is enough cash for a couple games, maybe a lot of games if I was to save it for a Steam sale. Are there any rumors of a price cut?

No rumors, but it's only natural that it happens. Once a new flagship arrives, the previous one drops in price. I doubt that the GTX 590 will cost more than $699, so if it's 60-70% faster than a GTX 580, the GTX 580 will need to go below $500 for sure.

Depending on the price of the GTX 590 or Radeon 6990 it could drop. If it doesn't, I doubt it'll drop price until the flagship 600 series card. (or whatever series Kepler is)

Will not happen. GTX580 may drop slightly to around $460, but it is never going to drop as low as $400 unless it remains the forerunner, and AMD happen to be first to market with a 28nm next-gen card, like what happened with GTX285 vs HD5870 (No evidence that this will happen whatsoever).

No rumors, but it's only natural that it happens. Once a new flagship arrives, the previous one drops in price. I doubt that the GTX 590 will cost more than $699, so if it's 60-70% faster than a GTX 580, the GTX 580 will need to go below $500 for sure.

I haven't been keeping up recently. Is nVidia saying the 590 will be that much of an increase?

Since the 590 is a dual-GPU card I don't think it's going to be that cheap and that it'll effect the price of the 580 which will still be the single GPU champ for probably until late spring early summer at least. Was thinking about 3GB 580s but I'll upgrade with Kepler I guess if it's a good bump.

Back