will the big typhoon fit in a qpack

Soymilk

[H]ard|Gawd
assuming i cut anything that needs to be cut, are there any physical restrictions? (like the optical drives or something like that being in the way) its dimensions are 122x122x128mm or something like that, 128 being the height (including fan).

I don't think the PSU would be the issue, but the rear fan might, and the support bars most definitely will. Once you get around those, then you'd have to figure out how to cut a hole in the top of the case cover for the BT to poke through!

Soymilk said:
i dont think it's taller than the actual case itself...

okay, it's probably a bit of hyperbole :), but it ain't gonna fit!
now you'll probably prove me wrong!

i wish i could, but im not gonna buy the typhoon without knowing it'll fit. and i dont have a qpack yet either :p ill try taking some measurements and seeing if it'll fit, and if it looks like it will ill buy one. i might just settle with a stock amd heatpipe cooler for a while first though, cuz that thing's pretty good too and it fits w/o needing any modding.

Personally after seeing a Qpack AND owning a big typhoon I'd say hell no. At least not without a lot of hacking and even then I still doubt it.

the Big Typhoon is MUCH bigger than most people thing. It's reasonably light and works great but it's TALL. For example the when sitting the BT flat next to a AMD Heat pipe HSF the top of the AMD HSF come up to the bottom of the fins on the BT.

yeah, i did realize that the big typhoon is huge from pictures, cuz the heatpipes elevate the rest of the heatsink, they dont cradle it like the xp-120 does. i guess it also depends on the orientation of the cpu socket on the motherboard, too. i guess if you're really lucky, you *might* be able to fit one in..

Back