Will SLI work with 2 6800GTs with possibly different Revisions?

PCMonkey

Weaksauce
I am planning on buying a second 6800GT but the picture on the vendor's site shows the card having a different heatsink than the card i currently own even though both cards are Asus EN6800GTs. Is it possible that they are two different Revisions and if so does it matter if the Revision is different?

All SLI needs is the same GPU. Brand, revision, BIOS, and clocks won't create compatibility problems. All you need is two identical processors (6800GT, 7800GT, 6600, etc).

Well depending on how much you are spending I'd tell you to get a more up-to-date card instead of going 6800 sli.

The reason i want to buy a 6800 GT is becausei already own one. Just curious if i bought a 6800GS SLI would not work, correct? i'm going off what the first reply mentioned. If i am wrong this would be better since the GS isn't EoL

PCMonkey said:
The reason i want to buy a 6800 GT is becausei already own one. Just curious if i bought a 6800GS SLI would not work, correct? i'm going off what the first reply mentioned. If i am wrong this would be better since the GS isn't EoL
No go, the GS is more of a pimped-out 6800nu. You need a 6800Gt specifically.

Back