Votes: 206 86.2%
  • Yes, who wouldn't?

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • No, everyone can wait, even them!

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • No, Hell will be froze over by then.

Votes: 15 6.3%

• Total voters
It's probably already been pirated, just not released yet.

People dig free stuff, this is a powerful motivator of ingenuity and scummery.

I will not bother torrenting it, but the usual suspects will. They torrent everything. It is not like there is any hope that the copy protection scheme will not be cracked almost instantly. Not buying day one though. I am going to wait for the GOTY. Not paying $100 for the game plus the inevitable expansions. Will wait for the GOTY and even then wait for a Steam sale or the like. Besides, that will give the modders plenty of time to make fixes for whatever I will not like about the vanilla game.

since this company hasnt made a good game since morrowind ill probably torrent it

I'm still unclear as to why it WOULDN'T be pirated?

Just like every other game there is a contingent that will download it instead of pay for it. I don't think anyone has reason to believe otherwise?

Why would this be an exception to the rule? It's a major game title being developed by a major developer who classically has not put any DRM so far but is bound to start soon enough. Of course it will be pirated.

But I killed them, stripped them nude and tossed them into the port. Overall, much more mercy than the RIAA would show.

Yes, of course, everything is pirated, no exceptions.

Some people just download everything they can get their hands on, even if they do not necessarily want it, they download simply because they can.

If Bethesda loads all the copies on a ship and sends it through the Gulf of Aden, it'll probably be pirated. Swords and magic have little effect on RPGs and AKs.

I'll buy it, haven't pirated one of these games ever. Having said that, pirates gonna pirate.

duuuuuh, of course it's gonna be pirated, its a no-brainer since its singleplayer. I will admit to pirating stuff myself, but Morrowind and Oblivion are not among them, and unless Bethesda really fucks it up with abysmal DRM and no mod support, it'll be the same for Skyrim.

The best weapon against piracy is to make great games, and Skyrim looks great so far

The best weapon against piracy is to make great games, and Skyrim looks great so far

(just fyi this isn't directed at you, I'm just using your words as a jumping off point)

That may be true, but it frustrates me how people always complain about some 'issue' that they then use to justify pirating the game (i.e. "OMG no DX11" or "WTF autoleveling"). It's always bullshit.

I don't think there is a legitimate reason to pirate a game. If you want to play it, buy it.

I don't think I'm going to want to buy this game until there is a GOTY edition with all the DLC they are going to shit out included.

Skyrim will be one of the best selling games
Skyrim will be one of the most pirated games

Hell yes, it will be pirated and I will grab it, try and catch me bethesda

Good_Luck_Im_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg

/jk

Well, the thread is silly, might as well get some fun out of it

If Bethesda loads all the copies on a ship and sends it through the Gulf of Aden, it'll probably be pirated. Swords and magic have little effect on RPGs and AKs.

They'll kick your ass and rape your lass, Somalian pirates they!

Well obscurity is likely the best possible defense against piracy. Maybe Bethesda should just consider announcing they've canceled the title and silently release it under a different title and publisher.

Or maybe cancel the release outright. After all, you can't pirate what doesn't exist! (Or can you...)

Well obscurity is likely the best possible defense against piracy. Maybe Bethesda should just consider announcing they've canceled the title and silently release it under a different title and publisher.

I'm pretty sure Bethesda isn't overly worried about Piracy. I mean all their other games have done fairly well even despite only using very basic security measures so I'm sure Skyrim will as well. Day 1 buy for me.

Or maybe cancel the release outright. After all, you can't pirate what doesn't exist! (Or can you...)

I know pilots of TV shows not green lit for production have been leaked before. I guess it would depend on the stage of development of the game.

I have this vague memory of a canceled game that actually was leaked in an unfinished state eventually, but I can't really remember anything about it, much less what it was, if this did actually occur. So could be wrong here.

I'm pretty sure Bethesda isn't overly worried about Piracy. I mean all their other games have done fairly well even despite only using very basic security measures so I'm sure Skyrim will as well. Day 1 buy for me.

I don't think most of the posts in here are really being serious :p

Back