Will Sandy Bridge go on sale at Midnight tonight?

ManCannon

2[H]4U
I've never waited around to buy a processor day one, so I'm curious if I should stay up a bit tonight to get my order in early. I have everything else for my build either sitting here waiting or on the way, so the sooner I can get my 2500K the better.

Anyone have any idea?

i'm taking the gf to dinner, watching a movie, and then promptly ditching her at midnight for the soft glow of a computer monitor. i'm anxiously awaiting release...hoping it's at 12am. only way to tell is to F5 newegg over and over again at midnight :D

Was wondering the exact same thing myself. Can't wait to get my hands on this processor! I'll be playing some BFBC2 until about midnight and ALT+Tabbing to check the NewEgg status.

*crosses fingers

I just hope Newegg doesn't jack the price up too much. My local Central Computer is already selling the 2600K for $299

I just hope Newegg doesn't jack the price up too much. My local Central Computer is already selling the 2600K for $299

do you intend to upgrade to an i7-2600K? if so, go get that now. i bet you'll be hard pressed to find a better price after release, with MC being the exception.

That's a decent price for the 2600k. I'd pick it up there personally

Figures I just came back from their and now they are sold out :-( They said they should have some tuesday :-(

I'll be at microcenter, marietta ga, tomorrow to pick mine up. Just got to find the right mobo though

So if they are available at midnight, what time zone do they go by? Do the people in new York get a 3 hour advantage on the net then us out on the west coast?

So if they are available at midnight, what time zone do they go by? Do the people in new York get a 3 hour advantage on the net then us out on the west coast?

Normally it is all based on a single time zone, so midnight Eastern for example. Online should all go live at the same time.

Is their really that much a difference from say a I7 860 to a I7 2600K...I mean really...

LOL - you guys wanting everything the second its released...

Patience men, patience!!

I'm hoping for a midnight release as well. Seems like I've had this system forever and it's time to put it out to pasture.

I'm posting from a P4, I need a new CPU & mobo. I don't want to wait & get hit with price gouging that Newegg is starting to become known for.

I'm posting from a P4, I need a new CPU & mobo. I don't want to wait & get hit with price gouging that Newegg is starting to become known for.

I've been focusing on other areas with my $$ so I am in a similar boat; very happy to have a pc, but it is a celeron 450 @ 2.2 ghz (two years running) and I am due for an upgrade!

Best regards,
-boggsie

Some people just get a charge out of working themselves into a frenzy.

This :).

I love getting excited about shit. Makes me feel like a kid the night before Christmas again.

When I can't get all jazzed for stuff anymore, I'll be one depressed son of a bitch.

I love getting excited about shit. Makes me feel like a kid the night before Christmas again.

When I can't get all jazzed for stuff anymore, I'll be one depressed son of a bitch.

Yep, it's free fun, why not :D?

Go for it, dude. Whatever fires your rocket. I bought my Lynnfield within an hour or two of it being released back in Sept. '09.

Anyone find anything?
I need a new pc before I go back to college. I figure this is as good a time.

B69-5209 ::ASUS P8P67 Pro Intel P67 Motherboard and Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40 GHz Quad-Core Unlocked and Intel Promotion - Civilization V Game Download Bundle(4.48 lbs)

Usually Ships in 7 - 21 Days?

Come on TigerDirect I need it faster than that.

B69-5209 ::ASUS P8P67 Pro Intel P67 Motherboard and Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40 GHz Quad-Core Unlocked and Intel Promotion - Civilization V Game Download Bundle(4.48 lbs)

Usually Ships in 7 - 21 Days?

Come on TigerDirect I need it faster than that.

I grabbed that, estimated delivery says Feb 14 if you hit 2-day, and Feb 11 if you hit 1-day... I went with 2-day hoping it'll come in earlier :). I'm guessing it will... they have the motherboard and CPU in stock individually already.

all the links are being posted on OCN, however i haven't been able to independently find them. i'm terrible at searching newegg apparently.

Back