Will RTX 3070's actually be in stock?

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Curious with the rumored price point of $499 and performance on par with the 2080 Ti, I would assume the new RTX 3070 will be a huge success, and in demand BIG TIME.

Will this be another new video card that's sold out immediately and on back order forever?

Who knows what's gonna happen, they delayed it 2 weeks to try to have stock available. So I do my usual reading in the morning online and see they are doing a beefed up 3070 now so they have a card between the 3070 and 3080. $500,$600 and $700 cards mean nothing if there is no stock. I'm still waiting waiting on nvidia to drop a stock bomb on us before the navi release

Curious with the rumored price point of $499 and performance on par with the 2080 Ti, I would assume the new RTX 3070 will be a huge success, and in demand BIG TIME.

Will this be another new video card that's sold out immediately and on back order forever?
If you live in China and run a Crypto farm, yeah, you will get plenty. The rest of the world must wait.

On a serious note, when will supply in the U.S for the 3080's and 3070's actually be in stock, and not sold out in 2 minutes? Dec or January?

Is there some manufacturing shortage on materials? Is it COVID why production is so low? Just curious, what's the real reason the 3080 and 3090 are sold out for like 2 months almost, and doesn't sound like anytime there'll be a good stock of these cards.

Last edited:
I’m still waiting for nvidia to drop a ton of cards online before the Navi reveal

On a serious note, when will supply in the U.S for the 3080's and 3070's actually be in stock, and not sold out in 2 minutes? Dec or January?

Is there some manufacturing shortage on materials? Is it COVID why production is so low? Just curious, what's the real reason the 3080 and 3090 are sold out for like 2 months almost, and doesn't sound like anytime there'll be a good stock of these cards.
If we are speculating, probably by Feb-Mar 2021.

The discord I am in has roughly 6000 people looking for 3080's. Big Navi will capture a bunch of them. I expect a big decrease on the scalping price after Wednesday.

Curious with the rumored price point of $499 and performance on par with the 2080 Ti

Well if the marketing hype is similar to the 3080 it will be on par with a 2080ti in exactly two situations. And except for the FE version expect it at roughly $100 more

Well if the marketing hype is similar to the 3080 it will be on par with a 2080ti in exactly two situations. And except for the FE version expect it at roughly $100 more
I really hope the EVGA model isn't $599+. If it is I'm going to wait for 3060Ti to step up to.

With used 2080Ti going for $700-$800, there shouldn't be much room for scalpers to do anything here. You're getting more power efficient 2080Ti level performance - but with 3GB less VRAM. The only appeal I can really see here is to get in line for the EVGA step up assuming 3080+ stock becomes much more widely available by the time your window is up.

So early previews are out for the RTX 3070 and these sites make it sound like stock should be ok, and they'll be available for sale. nVidia held off the release to make sure there was plenty of stock ready. Is that true? Do you think places like Microcenter will have them on shelves?

Microcenter will have them for sure, on shelves I highly doubt. I’m sure there will be people camping out waiting to get them at midnight weds.

With used 2080Ti going for $700-$800, there shouldn't be much room for scalpers to do anything here. You're getting more power efficient 2080Ti level performance - but with 3GB less VRAM. The only appeal I can really see here is to get in line for the EVGA step up assuming 3080+ stock becomes much more widely available by the time your window is up.
Does the mining/crypto performance a major variable here, I feel it vastly depend how it perform in mining, (i.e. there were the buyer for scalped cards in that range probably are), if a 3070 is quite better than a 2080 TI at mining, a lot of people will be ready to pay more for a 3070 than a 2080TI, let alone the same price or a little bit less.

Does the mining/crypto performance a major variable here, I feel it vastly depend how it perform in mining, (i.e. there were the buyer for scalped cards in that range probably are), if a 3070 is quite better than a 2080 TI at mining, a lot of people will be ready to pay more for a 3070 than a 2080TI, let alone the same price or a little bit less.
If I remember correctly a lot of the GPU-mined coins are memory dependent. If anything, the 3070 should have worse mining performance due to its lower memory bandwidth. 3080 and 3090 used GDDR6X which is the new improved memory. 3070 still uses the GDDR6 just like the 2080 Ti but has 3 GB less.

Mining is overrated. The ROI on these cards is going to be pitiful (almost a year). The 3080 isn't as efficient in mining as an 18 month old RX5700 in terms of hash/watt. You're looking at maybe $3/day with a 3080 BEFORE electricity/cooling, etc. The 3070 is going to have a lower operating cost, but slower memory. I'd guess in the $2-2.25/day range and probably be 200W at the wall with an undervolt.

I would think AMD has a better chance of being gobbled up by miners with their (theoretically) lower power draw, and even then it doesn't make much sense.

Generally, miners are looking for sub 6 month ROI (some as low as 3-4 months). Gone are the days when a 1070 would net you $5-7/day.

You're looking at maybe $3/day with a 3080 BEFORE electricity/cooling, etc.
But the temperature for a good part of the planet is in the good direction, from what I understand mining in most of planet only make sense if your are heating your place with the electricity used and not have to pay for cooling it during the winter, regardless I think if there is scalper going on and a big second hand market it will be because of mining.

I do not imagine gamers non enthusiast enough to go for the 3080/6800xt and plus but overpaying a lot for a 3070, while it could make sense for miners. Well who knowns with human getting in hype machine.

If I remember correctly a lot of the GPU-mined coins are memory dependent. If anything, the 3070 should have worse mining performance due to its lower memory bandwidth. 3080 and 3090 used GDDR6X which is the new improved memory. 3070 still uses the GDDR6 just like the 2080 Ti but has 3 GB less.
It is quite good in CUDA type ot task:
https://techgage.com/article/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-rendering-performance/
And is in a different tier than an 2080TI in certain scenario (while that seem to never happen in gaming scenario):
https://www.kitguru.net/components/...s/nvidia-rtx-3070-founders-edition-review/23/

Really do not know if that correlate for certain mining

Microcenter will have them for sure, on shelves I highly doubt. I’m sure there will be people camping out waiting to get them at midnight weds.
Eh I can see camping out for a 3080 or 3090 but for a 3070? Pass.

Eh I can see camping out for a 3080 or 3090 but for a 3070? Pass.
I wouldn’t do it. I’m in Florida so I don’t have the option anyways. People always do this tho to make sure they can get it and after the 3080 launch if they are on a budget I kinda don’t blame them

I hope they are and I hope big navi is in stock at the same time so i can actually have a choice on what to buy

If the 3070 is in stock or at least readily available next month, that should drive the crazy prices down on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace.

On those secondary places to buy used cards the prices poole asking is outrageous. 2080 Ti for $1,000+. And 2070 Super for $600+. And 3080 for double price $1400 is the common price is see for 3080s.

We need good stock on these new cards to bring these whackos down to Earth.

I’m hoping Amazon has cards, I can get my cash back from my card and use up these damn rewards points I’ve been saving up

My friend said people are waiting outside of microcenter already for the 3070

I expect stock to be better on the 3070 than the 3090/3080.

Reading the forums on the Microcenter website, some stores already have 70 people standing in line, a good 12+ hours before the cards go on sale.

Reading the forums on the Microcenter website, some stores already have 70 people standing in line, a good 12+ hours before the cards go on sale.
Well they are more dedicated than most people. I've done that once or twice for black Friday back when the deals were literally once a year. I'd rather take my chances refreshing best buy from my computer chair than freeze my ass off next to some nerds during covid. No offense to the nerds here of course.

If you want a card you need to put in some work. Get distill.io setup and monitoring a few sites, join one of the many discord servers that have trackers, monitor sites that have stock threads and cross your fingers.

You can hope that 3070 will have better stock but I imagine lots of people will grab them to flip initially. Hoping to randomly visit a site or store day 1 and grab a card might be expecting too much. Doing some of the above will improve your odds.

If you want a card you need to put in some work. Get distill.io setup and monitoring a few sites, join one of the many discord servers that have trackers, monitor sites that have stock threads and cross your fingers.

You can hope that 3070 will have better stock but I imagine lots of people will grab them to flip initially. Hoping to randomly visit a site or store day 1 and grab a card might be expecting too much. Doing some of the above will improve your odds.
I would try best buy if I were you. It seems their queue system/ staggered inventory drop works to get cards in people's hands instead of bots. I have no idea how many stores will have 3070s on launch day but being a mid range card, probably a good amount.

I would try best buy if I were you. It seems their queue system/ staggered inventory drop works to get cards in people's hands instead of bots. I have no idea how many stores will have 3070s on launch day but being a mid range card, probably a good amount.

Hopefully it will have more stock, but there is still demand left over from the 3080 so there might be a lot of competition and people have had a month of practice trying to get drops. OP just started asking about 3070s last week so he has a lot of catching up to do in regards to all the methods people are using to find cards.

I could be wrong though and the 3070 could have hours of availability, who knows.

Hopefully it will have more stock, but there is still demand left over from the 3080 so there might be a lot of competition and people have had a month of practice trying to get drops. OP just started asking about 3070s last week so he has a lot of catching up to do in regards to all the methods people are using to find cards.

I could be wrong though and the 3070 could have hours of availability, who knows.
at least with the 3070 you know what time to be f5ing until they go OOS :p

He said there’s at least 25 people in line already waiting on the 3070. I’ll play the F5 game tomorrow, I’m off work anyways

Back